Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

xfce lightdm ligh-locker - lock screen causes black screen

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Pakos

xfce lightdm ligh-locker - lock screen causes black screen

#1 Post by Pakos »

Howdy, so since few months i'm struggling with an issue with screen locking on two different laptops.
Both have debian unstable + xfce but little different specs.
Basically locking screen with button or after inactivity works fine however when instead of showing login from loghtdm screen goes black. Everything is running under it, i'm ably to type password (without seeing anything) and i'm logged back in or when i switch to another tty and go back login screen appears.
I've already spent lots of time searching over internet and asking for a clue what might be wrong, reinstalled lightdm, lightlocker, messed with intel drivers a little bit but nothing helped so far so i gave up and installed xscreensaver.
Now i guess it's time to try again to find solution for this so i'm asking for any ideas here because it drives me crazy when i can't fix something and reinstalling whole os seems to be like giving up on problems :P

Pakos

Re: xfce lightdm ligh-locker - lock screen causes black scre

#2 Post by Pakos »

Nobody really? :|

Dai_trying

#3 Post by Dai_trying »

I would think the main reason you have no response is this...
Pakos wrote:debian unstable + xfce
If you are using the "unstable" branch you are expected to have quite a good understanding of the operating system as a whole and I think most users (this is a user forum) would be using the stable version and sometimes (quite often really) the testing version, the unstable branch is just that, unstable it is not produced for daily use and therefore most users will not be able to help and I would imagine many (like me) would not want to install and configure a system (even in a VM) purely to assist in trouble shooting this issue which in all likelyhood will be resolved before it reaches the testing version and almost definitely will be resolved before it reaches the stable release.

to quote the Debian documentation
"sid" is subject to massive changes and in-place library updates. This can result in a very "unstable" system which contains packages that cannot be installed due to missing libraries, dependencies that cannot be fulfilled etc. Use it at your own risk!
Obviously you are free to use unstable if you prefer but if this is your choice you will likely encounter many issues like this and there will not be many people with the knowledge or experience to help you.
Maybe you could search the Debian mailing lists and bug reports to see if there are any other mentions of your issue, and maybe even file a bug report to help the developers correct these issues.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#4 Post by None1975 »

Pakos wrote:Now i guess it's time to try again to find solution for this so i'm asking for any ideas here because it drives me crazy when i can't fix something and reinstalling whole os seems to be like giving up on problems :P
Okay I will do homework for you. :) Check this.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github