Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Debian's GRUB doesn't get along with other distro's

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Isakku

[SOLVED] Debian's GRUB doesn't get along with other distro's

#1 Post by Isakku »

Some weeks ago I just installed Debian in my older Pentium D desktop PC. It's an old 2GB machine, I was running Linux mint , but I decided to wipe everything and install Arch linux.
So, I already had Arch running, but I also wanted to have Debian installed. After installing it, I could no longer boot my Arch linux because it crashed with a "kernel panic" message.
So, I thought whatever could be wrong wouldn't be wrong if I installed something else. So I installed Manjaro, and everything was fine for a few days. Except today. Today I updated Debian and while it works fine, the update also updated Debian's GRUB and ruined Manjaro. Now Manjaro doesn't boot giving a "kernel panic" message. How do I know Debian updated GRUB? Easy. I had set a GRUB custom theme from Manjaro with a different background and all, now the theme is Debian's GRUB theme!

Here I provide a screenshot with the exact kernel panic message:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zDBNquDaH33xCBfp9

Really it broke my other distro twice now.
Last edited by Isakku on 2019-01-05 22:33, edited 2 times in total.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian's GRUB doesn't get along with other distro's

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Isakku wrote:I had set a GRUB custom theme from Manjaro with a different background and all, now the theme is Debian's GRUB theme!
^ This would only happen if `grub-install` was run from Debian, no change in any file on the Debian system would cause GRUB to change if it had been installed from Manjaro and no update in Debian would cause GRUB to be installed to the hard drive (AFAIK), and even if there was there would be a dialogue asking you where to install the bootloader — did you see such a dialogue?

You can install and run the boot-info script if you want, that may clarify things.

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/boot-info-script

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bootinfoscript/
deadbang

Isakku

#3 Post by Isakku »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Isakku wrote:I had set a GRUB custom theme from Manjaro with a different background and all, now the theme is Debian's GRUB theme!
^ This would only happen if `grub-install` was run from Debian, no change in any file on the Debian system would cause GRUB to change if it had been installed from Manjaro and no update in Debian would cause GRUB to be installed to the hard drive (AFAIK), and even if there was there would be a dialogue asking you where to install the bootloader — did you see such a dialogue?

You can install and run the boot-info script if you want, that may clarify things.

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/boot-info-script

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bootinfoscript/
Well, of course grub-install had to run when I installed Debian the first time.
Well, digging the web I found this

https://askubuntu.com/questions/705063/ ... l-the-oses

I would like to know how to prevent the installer from running grub-install (even the grub update command seems to do the same, since this happened after updating Debian)
If Debian didn't have another grub installed this would simply not happen.
Something simmilar happened to me when I tried installing Manjaro alongside Linux Mint in my Laptop.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/some-crazy- ... etup/30552

Every time I installed or updated something system related in one of the distros, the distro's GRUB was also automatically updated and that caused strange inconsistencies. In the end I had to start from scratch and I ended up installing Mint KDE alongside Mint Cinnamon. Since those are basically the same distro with a different desktop environment, there was no GRUB conflict (seems it's exaclty the same GRUB unlike when you mix completely different distros such as Manjaro and Mint)
Being exactly the same GRUB perhaps made it simply overwrite when I installed it instead of making another instance in the boot partition (EFI laptop).
But my current problem happens in a non UEFI system. it's older and I thought all the mess was caused by the UEFI boot system complexity messing up when you had different GRUBs. Seems I was wrong because now I do have a similar problem (two GRUBs) in a non UEFI system. GRUB doesn't get overrided nor overwritten. Except that instead of being shown at boot (UEFI system showed the two GRUBs) now it lies somewhere, dormant, and when I update a distro and that update updates any GRUB config in a certain way, sometimes it breaks the other distro! I was able to run some changes (such as theming it) without breaking anything, maybe because I was making the changes in the GRUB that had become the "default" because it was installed later (I installed Manjaro some time after installing Debian) But the Debian update appears to have updated Debian's GRUB, and now it became the "default" GRUB, breaking Manjaro's booting! Manjaro is still listed, but it doesn't boot, booting it crashes with that Kernel panic message I posted before.

bw123

#4 Post by bw123 »

Are you sharing a /boot partition with several distros or something? On debian stretch grub-pc stores it's config in /boot/grub/grub.cfg and when you use grub-install it points to this. So if you have some other grub from another distro installed in the mbr, running update-grub on debian shouldn't change a thing, unless you are trying to share /boot, which is a bad idea for a lot of reasons.

I have two debian installs on this machine, but only one has grub installed to avoid confusion, you can just purge it if you don't want it. Be sure and install the ver from the distro you want first!! and you will have to make sure it either probes for debian or has a 40-custom file like debian does to add it to the boot menu.

I don't know anything about other distros, do you think it's possible to document what you're saying with something like bootinfoscript or something? Might help if it is a bug. I think the installer will let you skip grub in expert mode? or maybe you could point it to some nonsense device or /dev/null and when it fails tell installer to continue anyway.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

milomak

#5 Post by milomak »

i don't think any distro forces you to run grub during the installation process

Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

The GRUB update in Stretch did ask a few questions it, including about whether and where the user wanted to install it--why is the OP skipping over what they did during the upgrade? Surely they told it to install GRUB and this is the root of their problem.
MX Linux packager and developer

Head_on_a_Stick

#7 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Isakku wrote:I would like to know how to prevent the installer from running grub-install
The trick is to leave all of the checkboxes for all of the partitions unchecked, then you will see the confirmation screen posted by @milomak.

It is a little confusing, I agree, but simple enough once you know about it.

In respect of auto-updated GRUB configurations, I prefer to run a custom grub.cfg and install GRUB from the "live" environment[1] without having the GRUB package installed at all, this prevents the configuration from being updated after kernel upgrades and suchlike.
deadbang

Isakku

#8 Post by Isakku »

Well, first of all thanks a lot to all of you guys for your interest and your replies.
bw123 wrote:Are you sharing a /boot partition with several distros or something?
Huh? Hmm no, that can't be... unless... maybe I selected the whole disk instead of a partition when I was asked where I wanted /boot to be? Maybe I made that mistake? Perhaps. Maybe the whole disk was the default place for /boot in both Manjaro and Debian installers, and I had simply left it where it was. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought each distro's partition was it's own /boot.
milomak wrote:i don't think any distro forces you to run grub during the installation process

THIS is what I was looking for! I wasn't sure if Debian installer actually had such an option or not. I was messing with Mint 19's installer and I couldn't get anything like that. So, currently Linux Mint does force you to install it's own GRUB. I'm making a thread at their forums.
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic. ... 6&t=283455
Head_on_a_Stick wrote: The trick is to leave all of the checkboxes for all of the partitions unchecked, then you will see the confirmation screen posted by @milomak.
So, that's the trick... I see, I will try it later.
stevepusser wrote:The GRUB update in Stretch did ask a few questions it, including about whether and where the user wanted to install it--why is the OP skipping over what they did during the upgrade? Surely they told it to install GRUB and this is the root of their problem.
Of course I had to install GRUB when I installed Debian the first time on this machine, it was the only way it could boot. (how could I boot it otheriwse? Debian was alone the only O.S. at a certain point in that machine. About upgrading, I don't know. All I know is that I saw that there was an update for Debian, so I booted my machine, saw the notification in the panel, opened the Discover software and clicked "update". Internet is quite slow in my country. it took it's time to update. When it finished I rebooted, Debian appeared to be fine, but it was strange to see that the custom GRUB theme I had installed from Manjaro was gone and Debian's GRUB theme was back, so I rebooted from Debian and tried to boot into Manjaro just to get a Kernel Panic and nothing else. Later I found out that the Manjaro's recovery mode is still capable of booting Manjaro in that machine. Maybe if I update Manjaro's Grub the way I usually do when I change a theme

Code: Select all

# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

But I will still need to remove one of the GRUBs if I don't want to reinstall everything from scratch.
bw123 wrote: I have two debian installs on this machine, but only one has grub installed to avoid confusion, you can just purge it if you don't want it. Be sure and install the ver from the distro you want first!! and you will have to make sure it either probes for debian or has a 40-custom file like debian does to add it to the boot menu.
If this is possible it would be great. How do I purge one of the GRUBs leaving the other one intact?

Ok. I have installed Boot-info-script via synaptics package manager. But... how do you turn this on?

# sudo boot-info-script
or

# sudo boot_info_script
both say
command not found!
hmm... maybe

# sudo apt-get install boot-info-script
Ah... nope. It says the latest version is already installed... what is going on here?
Last edited by Isakku on 2018-12-13 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

NorthEast

#9 Post by NorthEast »

From the tarball info, it's: bootinfoscript
Run the script as sudoer:
sudo ./bootinfoscript <outputfile>

or if your operating system does not use sudo:

su -
./bootinfoscript <outputfile>
Perhaps check that spelling.

Isakku

#10 Post by Isakku »

NorthEast wrote:From the tarball info, it's: bootinfoscript
Run the script as sudoer:

or if your operating system does not use sudo:

su -
./bootinfoscript <outputfile>
Perhaps check that spelling.
Well, it's quite weird, I had even copied and pasted.
Tutorials put it as simply running

sudo boot_info_script
https://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/07/trou ... fo_script/

but what you counsel me to do doesn't work either.

gives a command not found response.
Quite strange.

Head_on_a_Stick

#11 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

NorthEast

#12 Post by NorthEast »

but what you counsel me to do doesn't work either.

gives a command not found response.
Sorry for not being so clear ... I only meant to draw attention to the name of the program and its spelling: bootinfoscript.
Beyond that, I hoped you could find it with that corrected name on your filesystem ... Head_on_a_Stick nailed it though I think.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#13 Post by p.H »

Isakku wrote:Here I provide a screenshot with the exact kernel panic message
The message indicates that the kernel cannot find the root device. This may mean that :
- the kernel does not use an initrd/initramfs and the root= parameter was not passed properly by GRUB to the kernel command line ; check in grub.cfg.
- the kernel is supposed to use an initrd/initramfs but none was specified in grub.cfg or GRUB failed to load it.

The latter is more likely to happen on modern systems which mostly use a modular kernel and an initramfs.
Either may be caused by failure of Debian grub-mkconfig/os-prober to properly parse the contents of Arch /boot and /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Without seeing the contents of Arch's /boot and grub.cfg, I cannot be more precise.

To work around this, you can manually add a menu entry in Debian's grub.cfg to chainload Arch's GRUB from Debian's GRUB.

If you don't want update-grub or grub-install to be run on kernel or GRUB package updates, remove the grub-pc package but leave the other grub-* packages.

The script installed by boot-info-script is bootinfoscript. It is in the system path, you do not have to prepend it with ./ or anything.

Isakku

#14 Post by Isakku »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

/usr/sbin/bootinfoscript
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/all ... t/filelist
Thank you. So, you have to search for the program at that location. Quite a strange, CLI programs usually install themselves and you are done, all you have to do is type man followed by the command.
NorthEast wrote: Sorry for not being so clear ... ... Head_on_a_Stick nailed it though I think.
Yes, indeed.

So... this is what I ended up doing:

cd /usr/sbin/
sudo ./bootinfoscript

Boot Info Script 0.61      [1 April 2012]

Identifying MBRs...
Computing Partition Table of /dev/sda...
Searching sda1 for information... 
Searching sda2 for information...                                                                                                                                                              
Searching sda3 for information...                                                                                                                                                              
Searching sda5 for information...                                                                                                                                                              
Searching sda6 for information...                                                                                                                                                              

Finished. The results are in the file "RESULTS.txt"                                                                                                                                            
located in "/root/". 
so then I used the initramfs fallback mode to boot into Manjaro

and then I ran

# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
grub-mkconfig: Debe ejecutarse como root
# sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
[sudo] password for josue: 
Generando un fichero de configuración de grub...
Encontrado tema: /boot/grub/themes/starfield/theme.txt
Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64
Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64-fallback.img
Encontrado Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) en /dev/sda5
Encontrado Arch Linux en /dev/sda6
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
hecho
And then rebooted...
Just to find that the problem is far from gone, not even mitigated.
But now it seems that grub-mkconfig won't make Manjaro's GRUB the default GRUB anymore!
I will have to do something else. I want to wipe Debian's GRUB and keep Manjaro's because it is in the 1st partition that's all.

I have tried to upload the results file as an attachment, but it was impossible (forums system says .txt extension is not accepted. tried to upload without extension and forum system says file is not accepted.) I ended up uploading it to 4shared.

https://www.4shared.com/office/znh07KdU ... SULTS.html
p.H wrote: The message indicates that the kernel cannot find the root device. This may mean that :
- the kernel does not use an initrd/initramfs and the root= parameter was not passed properly by GRUB to the kernel command line ; check in grub.cfg.
- the kernel is supposed to use an initrd/initramfs but none was specified in grub.cfg or GRUB failed to load it.

The latter is more likely to happen on modern systems which mostly use a modular kernel and an initramfs.
Either may be caused by failure of Debian grub-mkconfig/os-prober to properly parse the contents of Arch /boot and /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Without seeing the contents of Arch's /boot and grub.cfg, I cannot be more precise.

To work around this, you can manually add a menu entry in Debian's grub.cfg to chainload Arch's GRUB from Debian's GRUB.

If you don't want update-grub or grub-install to be run on kernel or GRUB package updates, remove the grub-pc package but leave the other grub-* packages.

The script installed by boot-info-script is bootinfoscript. It is in the system path, you do not have to prepend it with ./ or anything.
I must say that since I had wiped the whole machine, My Arch's installment was quite recent, so without doubtig I wiped it and reinstalled it without GRUB, because that's what a tutorial recommended. I relied on Debian's GRUB to boot it. Some time later I installed Manjaro, and it came with it's own GRUB, I used it to boot everything. Everything seemed fine, but it broke when I decided to update Debian (Manjaro Goes Kernel panic, Arch boots fine). Since I had had a previous experience where Mint and Manjaro's Grub didn't get along with each other, I suspected that could be the cause.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#15 Post by p.H »

Isakku wrote:I have tried to upload the results file as an attachment, but it was impossible (forums system says .txt extension is not accepted. tried to upload without extension and forum system says file is not accepted.) I ended up uploading it to 4shared.
Couldn't you find an even worse location ? I was unable to download the file. Anything I did just displayed junk ads.
You don't have to upload the file as an attachment. You can post its contents in a code block.
Isakku wrote:So, you have to search for the program at that location.
No, you don't. /usr/sbin is in root's default $PATH.
Isakku wrote:CLI programs usually install themselves and you are done, all you have to do is type man followed by the command.
boot-info-script does just this. The trick is that the package name is boot-info-script and the command name is bootinfoscript.
Isakku wrote:Just to find that the problem is far from gone, not even mitigated.
Of course not. Why would it ? Regenerating Manjaro's grub.cfg has no direct effect on Debian's GRUB. If you want to wipe Debian's GRUB from the MBR and replace it with Manjaro's, you must use grub-install, not grub-mkconfig.

Isakku

#16 Post by Isakku »

p.H wrote: Couldn't you find an even worse location ? I was unable to download the file. Anything I did just displayed junk ads.
You don't have to upload the file as an attachment. You can post its contents in a code block.
Well, I tested downloading and I was able to. I figured anyone could do it. Maybe not everyone can see the real deal among all the junk ads.

I imagine this post will look messy, but there it is. There you go.

Boot Info Script 0.61      [1 April 2012]

============================= Boot Info Summary: ===============================

=> Grub2 (v1.99) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda and looks at sector 1 of 
    the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks 
    in partition 85 for .

sda1: __________________________________________________________________________

File system:       ext4
    Boot sector type:  -
    Boot sector info: 
    Operating System:  Manjaro Linux () ()
    Boot files:        /boot/grub/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

sda2: __________________________________________________________________________

Boot sector info: 
    Operating System:  
    Boot files:        

sda3: __________________________________________________________________________

File system:       Extended Partition
    Boot sector type:  Unknown
    Boot sector info: 

sda5: __________________________________________________________________________

Boot sector info: 
    Operating System:  Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Boot files:        /boot/grub/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

sda6: __________________________________________________________________________

Boot sector info: 
    Operating System:  Arch Linux ()
    Boot files:        /etc/fstab

============================ Drive/Partition Info: =============================

Drive: sda _____________________________________________________________________
Disco /dev/sda: 931,5 GiB, 1000204886016 bytes, 1953525168 sectores
Unidades: sectores de 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Tamaño de sector (lógico/físico): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
Tamaño de E/S (mínimo/óptimo): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Tipo de etiqueta de disco: dos

Partition  Boot  Start Sector    End Sector  # of Sectors  Id System

/dev/sda1    *          2,048   296,548,351   296,546,304  83 Linux
/dev/sda2       1,175,713,792 1,953,523,711   777,809,920  83 Linux
/dev/sda3         296,550,398 1,175,713,791   879,163,394   5 Extended
/dev/sda5         296,550,400   439,322,623   142,772,224  83 Linux
/dev/sda6         439,324,672   541,136,895   101,812,224  83 Linux

"blkid" output: ________________________________________________________________

Device           UUID                                   TYPE       LABEL

/dev/sda1        e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e   ext4       
/dev/sda2        2beaa582-851c-4396-bad9-4903c4f9be89   ext4       Datos
/dev/sda5        4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f   ext4       Debian
/dev/sda6        5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073   ext4       ArchLinux

================================ Mount points: =================================

Device           Mount_Point              Type       Options

/dev/sda5        /                        ext4       (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

=========================== sda1/boot/grub/grub.cfg: ===========================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
# It is automatically generated by grub-mkconfig using templates
# from /etc/grub.d and settings from /etc/default/grub
#

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
insmod part_gpt
insmod part_msdos
if [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
  load_env
fi
if [ "${next_entry}" ] ; then
   set default="${next_entry}"
   set next_entry=
   save_env next_entry
   set boot_once=true
else
   set default="${saved_entry}"
fi

if [ x"${feature_menuentry_id}" = xy ]; then
  menuentry_id_option="--id"
else
  menuentry_id_option=""
fi

export menuentry_id_option

if [ "${prev_saved_entry}" ]; then
  set saved_entry="${prev_saved_entry}"
  save_env saved_entry
  set prev_saved_entry=
  save_env prev_saved_entry
  set boot_once=true
fi

function savedefault {
  if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then
    saved_entry="${chosen}"
    save_env saved_entry
  fi
}

function load_video {
  if [ x$feature_all_video_module = xy ]; then
    insmod all_video
  else
    insmod efi_gop
    insmod efi_uga
    insmod ieee1275_fb
    insmod vbe
    insmod vga
    insmod video_bochs
    insmod video_cirrus
  fi
}

set menu_color_normal=light-gray/black
set menu_color_highlight=green/black

if [ x$feature_default_font_path = xy ] ; then
   font=unicode
else
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos1'
if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos1  e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e
else
  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e
fi
    font="/usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2"
fi

if loadfont $font ; then
  set gfxmode=auto
  load_video
  insmod gfxterm
  set locale_dir=$prefix/locale
  set lang=es_BO
  insmod gettext
fi
terminal_input console
terminal_output gfxterm
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos1'
  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos1  e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e
else
fi
insmod gfxmenu
loadfont ($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_10.pf2
loadfont ($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_12.pf2
loadfont ($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_14.pf2
loadfont ($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_16.pf2
loadfont ($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_bold_14.pf2
insmod png
set theme=($root)/boot/grub/themes/starfield/theme.txt
export theme
if [ x$feature_timeout_style = xy ] ; then
  set timeout_style=menu
  set timeout=5
# Fallback normal timeout code in case the timeout_style feature is
# unavailable.
else
  set timeout=5
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/00_header ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/01_menu_auto_hide ###
if [ "${boot_success}" = "1" -o "${boot_indeterminate}" = "1" ]; then
  set last_boot_ok=1
else
  set last_boot_ok=0
fi

# Reset boot_indeterminate after a successful boot
if [ "${boot_success}" = "1" ] ; then
  set boot_indeterminate=0
# Avoid boot_indeterminate causing the menu to be hidden more then once
elif [ "${boot_indeterminate}" = "1" ]; then
  set boot_indeterminate=2
fi
set boot_success=0
save_env boot_success boot_indeterminate

if [ "${menu_show_once}" ]; then
    unset menu_show_once
    save_env menu_show_once
    set timeout_style=menu
    set timeout=60
  elif [ "${menu_auto_hide}" -a "${last_boot_ok}" = "1" ]; then
    set orig_timeout_style=${timeout_style}
    set orig_timeout=${timeout}
    if [ "${fastboot}" = "1" ]; then
      # timeout_style=menu + timeout=0 avoids the countdown code keypress check
      set timeout_style=menu
      set timeout=0
    else
      set timeout_style=hidden
      set timeout=1
    fi
  fi
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/01_menu_auto_hide ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
menuentry 'Manjaro Linux' --class manjaro --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
	savedefault
	load_video
	set gfxpayload=keep
	insmod gzio
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos1'
	else
	fi
	linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64 root=UUID=e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e rw  quiet
	initrd	/boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64.img
}
submenu 'Opciones avanzadas para Manjaro Linux' $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-advanced-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
	menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (Kernel: 4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64)' --class manjaro --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64-advanced-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
	savedefault
		load_video
		set gfxpayload=keep
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos1'
		else
		fi
		linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64 root=UUID=e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e rw  quiet
		initrd	/boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64.img
	}
	menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (Kernel: 4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64 - fallback initramfs)' --class manjaro --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64-fallback-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
		load_video
		set gfxpayload=keep
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos1'
		else
		fi
		initrd	/boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64-fallback.img
	}
}

### END /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###
### END /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) (en /dev/sda5)' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
	savedefault
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos5'
	  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos5 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos5 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos5  4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f
	else
	  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f
	fi
	linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro quiet
	initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-8-amd64
}
submenu 'Opciones avanzadas para Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) (en /dev/sda5)' $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-advanced-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux (en /dev/sda5)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64--4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos5 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos5 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos5  4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f
		else
		fi
		linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro quiet
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 (en /dev/sda5)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64--4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 (recovery mode) (en /dev/sda5)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64-root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64 (en /dev/sda5)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64--4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro quiet
		initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-7-amd64
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64 (recovery mode) (en /dev/sda5)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64-root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single
		initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-7-amd64
	}
}

menuentry 'Arch Linux (en /dev/sda6)' --class arch --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
	savedefault
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos6'
	  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos6 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos6 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos6  5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073
	else
	  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073
	fi
	linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/sda6
	initrd /boot/initramfs-linux.img
}
submenu 'Opciones avanzadas para Arch Linux (en /dev/sda6)' $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-advanced-5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
	menuentry 'Arch Linux (en /dev/sda6)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-linux--5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
		savedefault
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos6'
		  search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos6 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos6 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos6  5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073
		else
		fi
	}
}

# Other OS found, undo autohiding of menu unless menu_auto_hide=2
if [ "${orig_timeout_style}" -a "${menu_auto_hide}" != "2" ]; then
  set timeout_style=${orig_timeout_style}
  set timeout=${orig_timeout}
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment.  Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f  ${config_directory}/custom.cfg ]; then
  source ${config_directory}/custom.cfg
elif [ -z "${config_directory}" -a -f  $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
  source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/60_memtest86+ ###
if [ "${grub_platform}" == "pc" ]; then
    menuentry "Memory Tester (memtest86+)" --class memtest86 --class gnu --class tool {
        search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos1  e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e
        linux16 /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin 
    }
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/60_memtest86+ ###
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=============================== sda1/etc/fstab: ================================

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e /              ext4    defaults,noatime 0 1
/swapfile none swap defaults 0 0 

=================== sda1: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

GiB - GB             File                                 Fragment(s)

=========================== sda5/boot/grub/grub.cfg: ===========================

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
# It is automatically generated by grub-mkconfig using templates
# from /etc/grub.d and settings from /etc/default/grub
#

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
if [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
  set have_grubenv=true
  load_env
fi
if [ "${next_entry}" ] ; then
   set default="${next_entry}"
   set next_entry=
   save_env next_entry
   set boot_once=true
else
   set default="0"
fi

if [ x"${feature_menuentry_id}" = xy ]; then
  menuentry_id_option="--id"
else
  menuentry_id_option=""
fi

export menuentry_id_option

if [ "${prev_saved_entry}" ]; then
  set saved_entry="${prev_saved_entry}"
  save_env saved_entry
  set prev_saved_entry=
  save_env prev_saved_entry
  set boot_once=true
fi

function savedefault {
  if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then
    saved_entry="${chosen}"
    save_env saved_entry
  fi
}
function load_video {
  if [ x$feature_all_video_module = xy ]; then
    insmod all_video
  else
    insmod efi_gop
    insmod efi_uga
    insmod ieee1275_fb
    insmod vbe
    insmod vga
    insmod video_bochs
    insmod video_cirrus
  fi
}

if [ x$feature_default_font_path = xy ] ; then
   font=unicode
else
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
    font="/usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2"
fi

if loadfont $font ; then
  set gfxmode=auto
  load_video
  insmod gfxterm
fi
terminal_output gfxterm
if [ "${recordfail}" = 1 ] ; then
  set timeout=30
else
    set timeout_style=menu
    set timeout=5
  # Fallback normal timeout code in case the timeout_style feature is
  # unavailable.
  else
    set timeout=5
  fi
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/00_header ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
insmod png
if background_image /usr/share/desktop-base/softwaves-theme/grub/grub-4x3.png; then
  set color_normal=white/black
  set color_highlight=black/white
else
  set menu_color_normal=cyan/blue
  set menu_color_highlight=white/blue
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
function gfxmode {
	set gfxpayload="${1}"
}
set linux_gfx_mode=
export linux_gfx_mode
menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
	load_video
	insmod gzio
	if [ x$grub_platform = xxen ]; then insmod xzio; insmod lzopio; fi
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos5'
	else
	fi
	echo	'Loading Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 ...'
	linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro  quiet
	echo	'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
	initrd	/boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-8-amd64
}
submenu 'Advanced options for Debian GNU/Linux' $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-advanced-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.9.0-8-amd64-advanced-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		load_video
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro  quiet
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 (recovery mode)' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.9.0-8-amd64-recovery-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		load_video
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-8-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single 
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.9.0-7-amd64-advanced-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		load_video
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		echo	'Loading Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64 ...'
		linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro  quiet
		initrd	/boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-7-amd64
	}
	menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64 (recovery mode)' --class debian --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.9.0-7-amd64-recovery-4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f' {
		load_video
		insmod gzio
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos5'
		else
		fi
		echo	'Loading Linux 4.9.0-7-amd64 ...'
		linux	/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.0-7-amd64 root=UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f ro single 
		initrd	/boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-7-amd64
	}
}

### END /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### END /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (18.0.0) (on /dev/sda1)' --class manjarolinux --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos1'
	else
	fi
	linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64 root=UUID=e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e rw quiet
	initrd /boot/intel-ucode.img
}
submenu 'Advanced options for Manjaro Linux (18.0.0) (on /dev/sda1)' $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-advanced-e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
	menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (on /dev/sda1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64--e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos1'
		else
		fi
		linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64 root=UUID=e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e rw quiet
	}
	menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (Kernel 4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64) (on /dev/sda1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64--e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos1'
		else
		fi
	}
	menuentry 'Manjaro Linux (Kernel 4.14.78-1-MANJARO x64 - fallback initramfs) (on /dev/sda1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-4.14-x86_64--e98914f9-05af-43aa-9d13-7e3ff622a20e' {
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos1'
		else
		fi
		initrd /boot/initramfs-4.14-x86_64-fallback.img
	}
}

menuentry 'Arch Linux (on /dev/sda6)' --class arch --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='hd0,msdos6'
	else
	fi
}
submenu 'Advanced options for Arch Linux (on /dev/sda6)' $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-advanced-5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
	menuentry 'Arch Linux (on /dev/sda6)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-/boot/vmlinuz-linux--5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073' {
		insmod part_msdos
		insmod ext2
		set root='hd0,msdos6'
		else
		fi
	}
}

### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###
### END /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment.  Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f  ${config_directory}/custom.cfg ]; then
  source ${config_directory}/custom.cfg
elif [ -z "${config_directory}" -a -f  $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
  source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###

=============================== sda5/etc/fstab: ================================

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# / was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=4a075738-83db-4f48-b4b9-045e5d88060f /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sr0        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/swapfile none swap defaults 0 0 

=================== sda5: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

=============================== sda6/etc/fstab: ================================

# Static information about the filesystems.
# See fstab(5) for details.

# <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
# /dev/sda6 LABEL=ArchLinux
UUID=5ccd788d-6f30-4d0a-9677-dc162b580073	/         	ext4      	rw,relatime	0 1

=================== sda6: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

======================== Unknown MBRs/Boot Sectors/etc: ========================

Unknown BootLoader on sda3

00000000  44 24 08 0e 00 00 00 89  44 24 04 89 8d 98 fb ff  |D$......D$......|
00000010  ff e8 3e cc fe ff 8b 95  94 fb ff ff 8b 8d 98 fb  |..>.............|
00000020  ff ff 83 ec 14 85 c0 74  0d 83 bd c4 fb ff ff 0e  |.......t........|
00000030  0f 84 7e 01 00 00 89 0c  24 e8 12 ca fe ff 83 ec  |..~.....$.......|
00000040  04 8d b4 26 00 00 00 00  31 d2 66 83 bd e0 fd ff  |...&....1.f.....|
00000050  ff 00 75 7f 8b b5 ac fb  ff ff 89 95 94 fb ff ff  |..u.............|
00000060  89 34 24 e8 20 c8 fe ff  8b 95 94 fb ff ff 83 ec  |.4$. ...........|
00000070  04 e9 8c fb ff ff 66 90  66 83 bd b4 fb ff ff 00  |......f.f.......|
00000080  0f 84 c2 00 00 00 66 83  bd b2 fb ff ff 00 0f 85  |......f.........|
00000090  9e fb ff ff c7 04 24 0e  00 00 00 89 8d 98 fb ff  |......$.........|
000000a0  ff e8 92 c0 fe ff 8b 8d  98 fb ff ff 83 ec 04 66  |...............f|
000000b0  89 85 b2 fb ff ff e9 77  fb ff ff 8b b5 a8 fb ff  |.......w........|
000000c0  ff 89 34 24 e8 bf c7 fe  ff 31 d2 83 ec 04 e9 2f  |..4$.....1...../|
000000d0  fb ff ff 8d 85 e0 fd ff  ff 89 04 24 89 95 94 fb  |...........$....|
000000e0  ff ff e8 99 c9 fe ff 8b  95 94 fb ff ff 83 ec 04  |................|
000000f0  e9 5f ff ff ff 8d 76 00  c7 04 24 0b 00 00 00 89  |._....v...$.....|
00000100  8d 98 fb ff ff e8 2e c0  fe ff 8b 8d 98 fb ff ff  |................|
00000110  83 ec 04 66 89 85 b4 fb  ff ff e9 97 fd ff ff 90  |...f............|
00000120  c7 04 24 0c 00 00 00 89  8d 98 fb ff ff e8 06 c0  |..$.............|
00000130  fe ff 8b 8d 98 fb ff ff  83 ec 04 66 89 85 b2 fb  |...........f....|
00000140  ff ff e9 7d fd ff ff 90  c7 04 24 0d 00 00 00 89  |...}......$.....|
00000150  8d 98 fb ff ff e8 de bf  fe ff 8b 8d 98 fb ff ff  |................|
00000160  83 ec 04 66 89 85 b4 fb  ff ff e9 17 ff ff ff 8b  |...f............|
00000170  83 5c 80 00 00 8d 93 5c  80 00 00 39 d0 75 13 e9  |.\.....\...9.u..|
00000180  b5 fb ff ff 8d 74 26 00  8b 00 39 d0 0f 84 a7 fb  |.....t&...9.....|
00000190  ff ff 66 3b 48 08 75 f0  66 3b 70 0a 75 ea 0f b7  |..f;H.u.f;p.u...|
000001a0  50 0e 83 40 10 01 66 85  d2 0f 85 53 fa ff ff e9  |P..@..f....S....|
000001b0  85 fb ff ff 89 0c 24 c7  44 24 10 00 00 00 00 fe  |......$.D$......|
000001c0  ff ff 83 fe ff ff 02 00  00 00 00 88 82 08 00 fe  |................|
000001d0  ff ff 05 fe ff ff 02 88  82 08 00 90 11 06 00 00  |................|
000001e0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
000001f0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 55 aa  |..............U.|

=============================== StdErr Messages: ===============================

cat: /tmp/BootInfo-pzypYyVO/Tmp_Log: No existe el fichero o el directorio

p.H wrote: No, you don't. /usr/sbin is in root's default $PATH.
Then why it didn't simply work?
p.H wrote: boot-info-script does just this. The trick is that the package name is boot-info-script and the command name is bootinfoscript.
It seemed to me that it is different here on Debian, just like other things that didn't work the way I expected. Do you think I had not tried running it that way? I should have stated before that I had also tried running

# sudo bootinfoscript
but I still got a command not found response. Seems I misstyped or something, Trying it again it just worked. Quite strange.
p.H wrote: Of course not. Why would it ? Regenerating Manjaro's grub.cfg has no direct effect on Debian's GRUB. If you want to wipe Debian's GRUB from the MBR and replace it with Manjaro's, you must use grub-install, not grub-mkconfig.
Well, If grub-mkconfig were to set Manjaro's GRUB as the default in the machine it would work, but it didn't, so Debian's GRUB is still the default one. I was fearing that would be the case and I was dissapointed to confirm it. Whatever command the Debian updates ran it was not grub-install, and still that command has indeed set Debian's GRUB as the default one, leaving Manjaro's aside, dormant, hidden, as if it didn't exist, but it does exist.

Anyways, all this mess wouldn't happen if all distro's GRUB were more friendly with each other or simply detected the presence of another distro's GRUB and avoided this bad updating.
Grub install huh? I guess I will run Manjaro in a live session, mount the drive where it is installed and do something like in Arch (I imagine there is an equivalent to arch-chroot and run grub-install) but then what? How do I wipe Debian's GRUB?

bw123

#17 Post by bw123 »

Isakku wrote: ...
=> Grub2 (v1.99) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda and looks at sector 1 of
the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
in partition 85 for .
bootinfoscript is broken. Thanks for letting people know. I didn't see the bug reported, but since the project hasn't been updated since 2012, I'll assume it is abandoned. The output above should show what partition and grub.cfg it is using. (and the correct grub ver)

Another way to get the info is hit 'c' at the grub menu, then type 'set' and look for 'prefix' and that should? tell you what partition the core.img is looking for.

I think maybe your problem is you don't understand how to use and maintain a multiboot system, not debian's grub? I get confused all the time, that's why I only have one grub installed on multiboot.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

milomak

#18 Post by milomak »

boot into manjaro

run grub-install on it

reboot. see which grub loads

if manjaro grub loaded, boot debian and remove grub
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid

Isakku

#19 Post by Isakku »

milomak wrote:boot into manjaro

run grub-install on it

reboot. see which grub loads

if manjaro grub loaded, boot debian and remove grub
Nice tip.
I found a few tutorials as well:
https://www.garron.me/en/linux/os-probe ... buntu.html
https://www.garron.me/en/linux/dual-boo ... stros.html
https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/grub.html

All good if it's just a matter of running grub-install from Manjaro. But then how the heck do you remove Debian's GRUB? All of you have said that as if it were a matter of running

sudo apt-get autoremove grub
or something like that.
But I was unable to find any tutorial that explains that part.
Without that, you may run grub-install and everything will be fine until Debian (or any other distro I wanted to install in that machine later) decides to update its GRUB and screw the other distro's GRUB up!

bw123

#20 Post by bw123 »

On my system to uninstall grub-pc it was these, I purged them.

pi   grub-pc                                               +575 kB   <none>         2.02~beta3-5+d
--\ Packages being automatically installed to satisfy dependencies (4)
piA  gettext-base                                          +735 kB   <none>         0.19.8.1-2    
piA  grub-common                                           +15.1 MB  <none>         2.02~beta3-5+d
piA  grub-pc-bin                                           +2,976 kB <none>         2.02~beta3-5+d
piA  grub2-common                                          +1,179 kB <none>         2.02~beta3-5+d
--\ Packages which are recommended by other packages (1)
p    os-prober                                                       <none>         1.76~deb9u1
--\ Packages which are suggested by other packages (3)
p    grub-emu                                                        <none>         2.02~beta3-5+d
p    multiboot-doc                                                   <none>         0.97-72
p    xorriso
You may have different pkgs because different versions are for different hardware. Aptitude is good at things like this. If there is another grub installed and configured correctly from another linux installation then this should be safe. BE SURE AND READ AND ANSWER QUESTIONS CORRECTLY. DON'T JUST HIT YES. iT UNINSTALLED FINE ON KDE PLASMA, BUT I GUESS SOME DESKTOPS MIGHT DEPEND ON GRUB? Be careful.

If you choose 'grub' then it will probably uninstall grub-legacy, not grub2. Nobody on here knows how you have things setup. This is not necessary to keep debian's grub from messing you up, but maybe it will get you to mark the thread solved?

Debian or manjaro or any other distro does not decide to do anything, you do. You are the one that runs commands, you answer questions from the os. It's your computer, get it under control.
resigned by AI ChatGPT