Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Creating a custom installer

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
codenamex

Creating a custom installer

#1 Post by codenamex »

Hi, guys!

First of all, I want to apologise for my english. Second, for this question, if it's not the first time when it's posted. As the title of this topic says, I would like to create a custom installer for my modified Debian. I've used Systemback to create an .iso file, but is there any guide where I could learn how to create an installer (like Debian has) for my modified distro? I do not want to launch a new distro, it's for an educational purpose and my personal use.

Thank you very much!

xepan

Re: Creating a custom installer

#2 Post by xepan »

not much in it anymore, but refracta has got two things you might care for:
a) the tool refractasnapshot creates an iso (which you already have), and will add the usual debian-installer to that iso
b) the tool refractainstaller installs an a running live to hard-disk. Iirc it does so mainly by using rsync.

Both are bash scripts, so you can look yourself how those tools do exactly what they do.
Or you could ask in the refracta subforum to be found here: http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewfor ... 49efad16cb

good luck.

codenamex

#3 Post by codenamex »

xepan wrote:not much in it anymore, but refracta has got two things you might care for:
a) the tool refractasnapshot creates an iso (which you already have), and will add the usual debian-installer to that iso
b) the tool refractainstaller installs an a running live to hard-disk. Iirc it does so mainly by using rsync.

Both are bash scripts, so you can look yourself how those tools do exactly what they do.
Or you could ask in the refracta subforum to be found here: http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewfor ... 49efad16cb

good luck.
I've heard about refracta, but never tried. Thank you very much!

Mrfai

#4 Post by Mrfai »

There's the installer framework called calamares https://calamares.io
It used on the Debian live CD and also other distributions are using Calamares as their installer.
The FAI project can also create customized installation CD/DVD/ USB sticks, but this installation will be fully automated.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#5 Post by None1975 »

Mrfai wrote:It used on the Debian live CD
According Calamares web site, Debian ship Calamares in package repositories, but not as live CD installer.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github