Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Debian 9 Bluetooth problem

Need help with peripherals or devices?
zimbodel

[Solved] Debian 9 Bluetooth problem

#1 Post by zimbodel »

[Solved, it ended up to be a pulseaudio/jack-sync problem that interfered with bluetooth connection]

Original Post
------------------
I am trying to pair my Debian 9 Box with my Galaxy Tab-A through a Dlink BT-102 blue tooth dongle.
On my other Debian9 machine it works I can pair with the Tab-A and I can play sound from my Taba through the speakers on the Debian 9 box.

The second Debian box has a problem. Doing exactly what works with the other box, I get that I can pair with the Tab-A, successfully, but upon pairing the red gree and blue indicators in the bluetooth manager on the Debian 9 machine appears and then just unceremoniously disappears as if some daemon crashed.
If I go to settings it tells me that pairing was successful but sound could not connect.

Strange thing is I can send a file to and from but sound doesnt work as on the other Debian9 box.

Any ideas.

Here is a video link to what happens when pairing. Notice ho the red blue and green "icons" appear then disappear at the same time as the bluetooth data icon at the bottom flashes.
"http://grossmann-venter.com/issues/ugro ... ndered.mp4"

Would be great to get it working on this machine. I have been pulling my hair out with trying to fix this playing around with bluez and pulseaudio and followed all the online info I could get, but nothing helped.
Thanks

P.S.
User Head_on_a_Stick please do not comment in this thread, I did ask politely several times and you prefer to keep up the harrange. I want to keep this thread civil.
Last edited by zimbodel on 2018-12-30 04:24, edited 2 times in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian 9 Bluetooth problem

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

The content of ~/.xsession-errors (in code tags) would probably be more useful than a link to a video.
deadbang

zimbodel

#3 Post by zimbodel »

To: Head_on_a_Stick

Comeon, lets ditch the sarcasm ok?

This response is not polite and you are not staying on topic and digress into flaming.
I want to keep things polite so I ask kindly that you be polite during future posts.

Life is bad enough and to make it worse unnecessarily serves no purpose
Penalizing someone by critisising right out of the blocks is really not helpful.
I will post the content of the file,
but would you try out of civility to ignore this thread please ?
I want to keep things civil and dont need this kind of response.
Last edited by zimbodel on 2018-12-24 01:20, edited 2 times in total.

zimbodel

#4 Post by zimbodel »

Cant access it like that
~/.xsession-errors
bash: /home/xyz/.xsession-errors: Text file busy

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

Postby zimbodel » 2018-12-23 20:01
Comeon, lets ditch the sarcasm ok?

This response is not polite and you are not staying on topic and digress into flaming.
I want to keep things polite so I ask kindly that you be polite during future posts. ---snip---

This is a strange response, I don't see any posts where anyone was not polite, nor criticizing , but any way,....
zimbodel »I will post the content of the file,
Please do that, it will help make it possible for some one to help you. There is not anything in the video that gives me even a clue as to what might be wrong.
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:The content of ~/.xsession-errors (in code tags) would probably be more useful than a link to a video.
Thank you Head_on_a_Stick, at least now we know which file might have some info in it.
It was nice of you to share that info, all we need now is to see what errors the log shows, that will help diagnose this better.
--------- edit---- posted while writing:
Postby zimbodel » 2018-12-23 20:10
Cant access it like that
~/.xsession-errors
bash: /home/xyz/.xsession-errors: Text file busy
Thanks, I think you need to go to the directory, and open the file with a editer,
The content of ~/.xsession-errors (in code tags)
.xsession-errors , is a file in your home directory, you need to find it first, and use a editer to open it, or also you can use the 'cat' command, see

Code: Select all

man cat
for details on using the 'cat' command

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »

For example:

garry% locate .xsession-errors
/home/garry/.xsession-errors
garry% pwd
/home/garry
garry% cat .xsession-errors
Failed to connect to session manager: Failed to connect to the session manager: SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined

As you can see I have 1 error, that occurred, to be honest I am not sure what it is about,
but Head_On_A_Stick has a lot of experience, and if you show all the error messages, he may be able to help you, my example is just to try to help you understand how to view the file, the 'less' command works good as well, there are many ways to view the file, and copy/paste the text it contains. If you need more explanation on that, please tell us, and some one will try to help you.
P.S. If there are any more posts that seem rude or impolite, please do report them, use the report button , up in the upper right corner, and a moderator will take care of it.
Your welcome, and thank you
==== edit ====
We may need H_O_A-S to clarify, I just now noticed there is also a .xsession-files in roots home dir, and to be honest, it is not clear to me which one he needs to see:

garry# cd /root
garry# less .xsession-errors

/etc/X11/xenodm/Xsession[75]: /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2: not found
XIO:  fatal IO error 25 (Inappropriate ioctl for device) on X server ":0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

But any way, there is another example for you, this time I used the 'less' command.
Last edited by GarryRicketson on 2018-12-24 01:52, edited 2 times in total.

zimbodel

#7 Post by zimbodel »

I know,
That is why I said it cannot be run as a program as it seems the peculiar requirement was and it is well known that that file is rather large as it logs every little whim and warning rather than real errors.

xsesion erros is 35MB size so I cannot upload it.

The better request would ave been to ask me to grep for something in the file.
I can upload the file to my site, but based on the response I got from the video I would rather not risk being shouted at again.

zimbodel

#8 Post by zimbodel »

Back to the reaL world,

This is one of the things that is going on grepping for pulseaudio

(wrapper-2.0:2295): pulseaudio-plugin-WARNING **: Disconected from the PulseAudio server. Attempting to reconnect in 5 seconds.

(wrapper-2.0:2295): pulseaudio-plugin-WARNING **: pa_context_connect() failed: Access denied
xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
shared memfd open() failed: Too many open files
Failed to create secure directory (/run/user/1000/pulse): Too many open files
socket(): Too many open files
fork(): Cannot allocate memory

zimbodel

#9 Post by zimbodel »

In addition ulimit -n shows 1024 open files.
I increased it to 1048576 and rebooted, I doubt this will resolve the problem as pulseaudio used to work no problem without a larger number, but I will check.

:~$ ulimit -a
core file size (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority (-e) 0
file size (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals (-i) 128281
max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files (-n) 1024
pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority (-r) 95
stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes (-u) 128281
virtual memory (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks (-x) unlimited

$ ulimit -n

$ ulimit -n

Head_on_a_Stick

#10 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Yup that ol' .xsession-errors suggestion wasn't much use, how about the journal?

And stop being so ****ing precious :mrgreen:
deadbang

zimbodel

#11 Post by zimbodel »

Dear Head_on_a_Stick

Please stop trolling and be civil and give others a chance to answer. I have asked you politely not to comment in this thread.
I ask again please just ignore the thread so that others can have a chance at solving this constructively.
You can of course disregard my request, but it will show your real intentions.

Thanks.

Head_on_a_Stick

#12 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

zimbodel wrote:Please stop trolling
I am trolling & troubleshooting at the same time, it is a hobby of mine :mrgreen:

But seriously, check the output of

journalctl -rx
immediately after you experience the problem, the systemd journal is very good for this sort of thing.

Happy Christmas! :)
deadbang

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#13 Post by CwF »

zimbodel wrote:xsesion erros is 35MB size...
Why? Once you get that 'adjusted' you could simply navigate over there with a fm and open the file and read it... No more no less no grep just read the file...

zimbodel

#14 Post by zimbodel »

It was solved with help from the jack developers ug.
It ended up being a pulseaudio/jack-sync problem that brought bluetooth down.
It is solved now.