Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Purist form of Kodi on Intel NUC7CJYH - No LibreELEC

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
peek

Re: Purist form of Kodi on Intel NUC7CJYH - No LibreELEC

#41 Post by peek »

peek wrote:For those wishing to catch up as to join in the fun.
No need to destroy your current installation. Just install to a cheap USB thumbdrive and join the fun. :wink:

Got LibreElec on one thumbdrive and Debian on another. Allows for a direct one-on-one comparison by just swapping the thumbdrives :mrgreen:

peek

#42 Post by peek »

Could someone possibly advise on the "best practise" as to "source" the correct package(s) in a scenario such as this?

My approach has been to "apt-cache search <something in the line of what I'm looking for .i.e. 'alsa'>" and then sifting through the results.

peek

#43 Post by peek »

So close, yet still so far. :(

.. and with newb support being terminated, I'll be reading https://debian-handbook.info/get/ in the interm as to hopefully make me come across more intelligent in due course. :)

jmgibson1981

#44 Post by jmgibson1981 »

I wish to apologize for very unprofessional and inappropriate behavior on my part. I was not myself. My outburst was uncalled for. I am quite embarrassed and have wanted to post this for awhile. To everyone who has seen my posts I do humbly apologize. I won't make excuses beyond saying I was not myself. I hope that even though I float between Debian and Ubuntu I can still contribute my knowledge, in a professional way. Not fighting or... whatever that was. Again I am sorry to all.