Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Trackball Scroll Speed with Buster (Wayland / X11)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
barry.deb

Trackball Scroll Speed with Buster (Wayland / X11)

#1 Post by barry.deb »

Hi All.

I have a Kensington Slimblade Trackball. It works fine, except for the scroll speed. It scrolls painfully slow (like 1 line per click, which on a big document takes forever).

By default my system is running Wayland (libinput), and I can't seem to find any settings that reference scroll speed using

Code: Select all

xinput list-props
command.

If I log in under X11, I can see more options for scroll (in xinput list-props), I've tried to tweak a few but no difference can be detected....

From searching the internet, I've found some suggestions that I should move to X11 using the evdev driver (which is not installed by default), but I have not tried this. So my questions are:

* Is there a possible fix for this under Wayland?

* If not, should I move to X11 using evdev as opposed to libinput?

bw123

Re: Trackball Scroll Speed with Buster (Wayland / X11)

#2 Post by bw123 »

Using evdev did fix a similar issue with mouse scrolling very slowly under X11 for me. IIRC, libinput does not work with xinput the same way that evdev did, so some interfaces that used xinput to set certain things like scrolling dont function anymore. Instead, this is a wheel click setting in udev, called MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_ANGLE but I never figured out how to correctly adjust it.

It was so easy to just go back to evdev, I gave up on libinput.

This will hopefully get caught up soon, so everything works with libinput like it used to before. I don't use testing, so I'd think you should research it, and let me know, instead of the other way around?

Thanks!
resigned by AI ChatGPT