Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problems in hibernation and sleep

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
Mauriciodez

Problems in hibernation and sleep

#1 Post by Mauriciodez »

People ... I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I did not identify the right place.

I have 2 problems:

* Instead of Hibernate the system is shutting down as if the power has run out.

* When I come back from the standby I can not reactivate the wireless USB nor pray, I could not identify what is disabled.

How to solve ???

Debian 8.11 + Cinnamon + 4GB RAM + 4GB SWAP

Translated from Portuguese by google translator

albsanrom

Re: Problems in hibernation and sleep

#2 Post by albsanrom »

In /etc/default/grub try changing

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash'"
to

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi='!Windows 2013' acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"
or something else.

In addition to that, regarding your first point, take a look at this:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/195671/ ... y-critical

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

What is your hardware, and about when does it date from? Jessie might be too old to work right with it if it's newer than 2014.
MX Linux packager and developer

Mauriciodez

#4 Post by Mauriciodez »

stevepusser wrote:What is your hardware, and about when does it date from? Jessie might be too old to work right with it if it's newer than 2014.
My hardware is compatible with jessie ... kkk

mobo Gigabyte G31es2l
4GB ram DDr2
Intel E5500

TKS

translated from Portuguese by google translate

Mauriciodez

#5 Post by Mauriciodez »

albsanrom wrote:In /etc/default/grub try changing

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash'"
to

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi='!Windows 2013' acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"
or something else.

In addition to that, regarding your first point, take a look at this:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/195671/ ... y-critical
nothing done, keep turning it off ... when it reboots it makes the recovering journal and blah blah blah

Translated from Portuguese by google translate

bw123

#6 Post by bw123 »

Desktop environments sometimes have their own power manager apps or scripts that try to do things their own way. What command are you using to hibernate?

I don't remember when hibernate came to systemd, but the first test I'd make is see if hibernate works correctly under systemd. Did you search the man pages for anything relevant?

$ apropos hibernate
$ systemctl hibernate
If that works, then the problem is with whatever thing you are clicking or using in the DE, check what command it runs.

Really, I don't see the point in starting a new thread for jessie anyway, there should be dozens of them about this on the net already.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Mauriciodez

#7 Post by Mauriciodez »

bw123 wrote:Desktop environments sometimes have their own power manager apps or scripts that try to do things their own way. What command are you using to hibernate?

I don't remember when hibernate came to systemd, but the first test I'd make is see if hibernate works correctly under systemd. Did you search the man pages for anything relevant?

$ apropos hibernate
$ systemctl hibernate
If that works, then the problem is with whatever thing you are clicking or using in the DE, check what command it runs.

Really, I don't see the point in starting a new thread for jessie anyway, there should be dozens of them about this on the net already.
The problem is not that it is not hibernating, the problem is that when it goes into hibernation it is shutting down as if the energy was finished ... so clicking on the DE or via terminal has the same effect !!!

I have not found anything so far on the internet with similar problem, so I opened the topic ... if you find me please show me !!!

not to mention the suspension problem that when I return I can not lift the wireless network.

Head_on_a_Stick

#8 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Mauriciodez wrote:the problem is that when it goes into hibernation it is shutting down as if the energy was finished
Check /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume and also the output of `/sbin/blkid` and make sure the correct resume device is set.

If it is wrong then correct the file and run

# update-initramfs -u
Mauriciodez wrote:when I return I can not lift the wireless network
Check if the module for your wireless card is loaded:

# lsmod | grep $module
Replace $module with the name of the actual module, which can be found with

lspci -k | grep -iA2 net
Reference: https://askubuntu.com/questions/761180/ ... 04-upgrade

The search term used to find that thread was "wireless dead after resume debian".

If the module is loaded then install the rfkill package and check the output of `/usr/sbin/rfkill list` for any soft blocks that can be lifted with `/usr/sbin/rfkill unblock all` (as root).
deadbang

bw123

#9 Post by bw123 »

Mauriciodez wrote: ...
The problem is not that it is not hibernating, the problem is that when it goes into hibernation it is shutting down as if the energy was finished ... so clicking on the DE or via terminal has the same effect !!!

I have not found anything so far on the internet with similar problem, so I opened the topic ... if you find me please show me !!!
That's what hibernate does, it powers off the machine after saving the state in the swap file.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... e-s4-state
resigned by AI ChatGPT