Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Buster and RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader

Need help with peripherals or devices?
IBICO74

Debian Buster and RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader

#1 Post by IBICO74 »

I got a Dell latitude 7490 running with Debian buster non-free and everything working great except for my sd card reader.

I ran lspci -v and got the listing for the card info, but a bit stuck after that.

01:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 122
Memory at ec100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: rtsx_pci
Kernel modules: rtsx_pci

Also ran a sudo dmesg -L that gave me several error messages. So perhaps the sd card reader are running, but wrong driver? or something else?

[237797.287292] mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

ps!.. Tried the card on a mac and formated it in two different filesystem. exFat and mac journaled format. no change.
Gparted and lsusb also show nothing.

IBICO74

Re: Debian Buster and RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader

#3 Post by IBICO74 »

As stated.. I tried it on my mac without any problem. brand new genuine Sandisk extreme plus 128gb micro sd card. I also found my Lexar usb 3.0 sd card reader and tried now. That worked without any problems.

IBICO74

Re: Debian Buster and RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader

#5 Post by IBICO74 »

arochester wrote:How is it formatted?
One with Gparted on the same laptop and the other one using mac and disk utility. Ext4

Both show up using external sd card reader, but nothing happen when I use my internal sd card reader.
The reader worked when I had the original windows 10 on the laptop, so it is not hardware related. It is related to driver/kernel, but need to find out how to solve it.