removed

Have something to say about forums.debian.net itself?

Re: apology to those posting in the thread removed today

Postby Bulkley » 2019-02-13 21:25

I, for one, appreciate those who remove the spam. They deserve our thanks.
Bulkley

Postby golinux » 2019-02-13 21:42

GarryRicketson wrote:Image
Niiiiice . . . birds rule!

I don't see how the things used for discourse, and how Jeff Atwood does it could be applied to a phpBB forum, but thanks for the promotion, errr oops, I mean ideas . . .
What does discourse have to do with anything? And never heard of Jeff Atwood. Only trying to make the point that some admins/devs are absent while others are very clever at solving real world problems.

FluxBB is much easier to work with than phpBB, but the same, only someone with full server access can do these things.
Yeah, we ended up on FluxBB because it was easier to work with - the KISS principle. And yes, it requires someone with access which was the point of my post that bent you out of shape.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby GarryRicketson » 2019-02-13 22:29

What does discourse have to do with anything? And never heard of Jeff Atwood.

I kind of wondered the same thing my self, and also had never heard of him myself, until today:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=140211&p=692073&view=show#p692073

---which was the point of my post that bent you out of shape.

Now :?: I am the one that is confused, I did not get "bent out of shape", Was I supposed to get bent out of shape? Was that the intention ?, sorry to disappoint you, but nothing here has "bent me out of shape",(all though I am not really sure what that is supposed to mean).
I use fluxBB myself on several honey pot servers, used to collect data on the spambots,
I looked at your forum, and see you use the same script/mod that I use.
GarryRicketson

Postby Deb-fan » 2019-02-14 01:18

There's only 28 people on Devuan forum better be tight. :D Plus 27.5 of you are schizophrenic so whatever passes for normal convo, is anyone's guess.
Deb-fan

Re: removed

Postby llivv » 2019-02-14 01:41

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=139950&start=45#p690372
whatever.
I now think of this forum as the Ubuntu / Systemd and sometimes Debian Forum.
Cheers
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.
llivv

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2019-02-14 07:06

golinux wrote:Clever shot

It was intended as a compliment actually, both to yourself and the Devuan forums, great job you're doing there.

EDIT: oh look, the OP has had a hissy fit and deleted their apology :lol:
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby llivv » 2019-02-14 23:44

I was initially surprised the both spam hunters posted to the apology thread.
My initial reason was to un-sweat the animosity.

I have to admit that reducing my posts here the last couple weeks I don't always remember where all the posts are and I thought the thread removed was in Off-Topic, now I see the thread minus my post.
I not concerned with my post being removed, I know my point of view on many subjects is not appreciated by most here that run default setups.

Without going into too much history, I'll just mention that the reason I don't use Devaun. It dates back to two issues, one here at DFN where a group of "as I refer to as" hooligans, belittled Lavene to the point where she called it quits..
And another in DUF.
Don't get me wrong I agree with many of the same principles which started DUF and Devaun, even if I don't agree with some of the others.
And I'm not saying they all are one thing or another, just I have deep seeded animosities towards some of the behaviors, while agreeing with many others.

I have to admit that being able to post in this forum for so long while running mostly non-systemd installs was surprising, from what I've noticed in the few init thread I've read. It's not like anyone running init has much of a chance to post at this forum without the group bashing's. I'm not sure many noticed the way I don't follow that kind of thing, at least not all the time. But I have been seen to contribute to that group bullying of other posters in this forum, to my regret. With a couple k posts it's hard to not conform to group peer pressures.

This is not the first time I've had to defend my position/perpective in this forum. But it is the first time I've disagreed with forum staff openly. In fact if you could see, there are several forum admins in my friends list and no one in my foes list iirc.

There will come a time when the remaining DD's I follow will no longer support the Debian I use and at that time I will bid The Debian Project a fond addio and leave it in the capable hands of those who use what is provided by the DD's they follow.
llivv

Postby llivv » 2019-02-16 20:24

I've been gettin the giggles a bit to often the last couple days
perhaps some of you can fix that for me....
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21427
llivv

Previous

Return to Forum stuff & feedback