Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing on a different Computer

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Vilvasic

Installing on a different Computer

#1 Post by Vilvasic »

I installed linux on a different computer because I wasn't able to connect to the internet on my other conputer. I already installed it once on my other computer but I'm running to the internet problems again, I'm unable to connect and thus I'm forced to download debian minimal. I'm in the middle of an installation now and it says I'm missing the following firmware iwlwifi-7265D-26.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-25.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-24.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-23.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-22.ucode .
It also said "Your network is probably not using the DHCP protocol. Alternativaly, the DHCP server may be slow or some network hardware is not working properly.". What do I do in this case? I'm a noob and dealing with debian minimal is difficult for me.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Installing on a different Computer

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Vilvasic wrote:I'm in the middle of an installation now and it says I'm missing the following firmware iwlwifi-7265D-26.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-25.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-24.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-23.ucode,iwlwifi-7265D-22.ucode .
https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch ... 04.html.en

Or use an unofficial non-free Debian ISO image instead, a search engine will find them for you.
Vilvasic wrote:It also said "Your network is probably not using the DHCP protocol. Alternativaly, the DHCP server may be slow or some network hardware is not working properly.". What do I do in this case?
Assign the IP address, netmask & gateway (default route) manually.
deadbang

TonyT

Re: Installing on a different Computer

#3 Post by TonyT »

Best to always do an install while connected by an ethernet cable so you can later connect and download the needed packages to get all hardware working.