Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Audio output pbm since update

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
mururoa

Audio output pbm since update

#1 Post by mururoa »

Hi there,
Until a few days ago all was ok on my debian + xfce desktop. Then I did a system update.
After the update the default audio card is selected on each system boot.
Before the output selected was 'hdmi 2' and now it's 'IEC 958 Output' wich should be the computer sound card wich is the first working device (IE not unplugged).
If I run the audio selector and select back 'hdmi 2' all is ok but this is dropped on each reboot and I have to select it again :( Real pain for an HTPC.
I've done my homework and tried to add set-default-sink and set-default-source in pulse audio config file and then remove all ~/.config/pulse directory but it did not solve the problem.
It seems to me that pulse audio is utterly complex so I need your help there.
Some hints ?

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Audio output pbm since update

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

mururoa wrote:It seems to me that pulse audio is utterly complex
+1, why not just remove it?

Have you tried using pavucontrol instead of configuration files?

You haven't mentioned which version of Debian you are using so please post the output of

Code: Select all

apt policy
deadbang

mururoa

#3 Post by mururoa »

In fact it's Devuan 2.0 but I'm 99,99% sure sound packages and files are the same as latest debian.
Is pavucontrol different thant xfce sound configuration GUI ?
And yes I could remove PulseAudio if that is the way to get back sound at each reboot.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

mururoa wrote:In fact it's Devuan 2.0
Please continue this discussion over at the Devuan forums, I am also a member there.
deadbang

mururoa

#5 Post by mururoa »

Ok.