Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How do I keep using an old chrome version

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

How do I keep using an old chrome version

#1 Post by bester69 »

Im doing the following, in order to keep using my old Opera browser alive (due to performance reasons).:

0- Keep a source clean config directory to sync. with it, so you can make a clean up once a week or so.
sudo rsync -aAXv --delete $bootop/opera.bak/ $bootop/opera/

1- Keep bookmarks directory outside sync. so you can keep them after clean up sync.
/home/user/scripts/operaBookmarks/ (bookmarks linked outside config chrome directory, to keep them)

2- Protect Extensions directory, so they cant hack you with any troyan plugin.
sudo chattr +i $bootop/opera/Extensions/
-----------------
I use two scripts; opeinit (make a clean up sync of config directory) and opeupd (update some data changes to clean source directory)

opeinit

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#
export bootop=/home/user/LINUXDEBS/browsers
killall opera

sudo chattr +i $bootop/opera/Extensions/ $bootop/opera.bak/Extensions/
cp -f $bootop/opera/Bookmarks* $bootop/opera.bak/
cp -f $bootop/opera/Bookmarks* /home/user/scripts/operaBookmarks/
sudo rsync -aAXv --delete $bootop/opera.bak/ $bootop/opera/
opeupd

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#
bootop=/home/user/LINUXDEBS/browsers/
killall opera

sudo chattr +i $bootop/opera/Extensions/ $bootop/opera.bak/Extensions/
cp -f $bootop/opera/Bookmarks* /home/user/scripts/operaBookmarks/
rsync -aAXv --delete  $bootop/opera/ $bootop/opera.bak/
I found out when I was synchronizing with clean source config chrome, It deleted in target some new several extensions I wasnt installed, so I decided to protect Extensions folder with "chattr +i" just in case somewhat were hacking in remote the old browser... Now I feel more secure, all trace in rsync seems pretty normal to me (no new extensions come up from nowhere).
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...