Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

If it doesn't relate to Debian, but you still want to share it, please do it here

Re: Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

Postby Innovate » 2019-05-13 15:00

stevepusser wrote:Usually multiple packages from one source are handled by the control file plus multiple .install files, like foo.install, libfoo.install, libfoo-dev.install, libfoo-doc.install, etc., where you list what files go in which package and where they are installed. But doing that from scratch can be a rather involved and tedious process, which is why backporting, or using a previous version as a template, is much easier.

Exactly, That's what I tried to explain to them but they're too ignorant to understand or perhaps they're just hating my guts & double standard picky on messenger that they like. Like only respect your deliver but hostile to mine even we deliver the same message warning.
Even if I'm your blacksmith package apprentice they're still looking down on me because I'm "nobody".
I guess there's only you who can witness what I'm doing. At least many packages I made can fill your Debian & MX packaging database.
That why I didn't report new packages lately because you can peak at my repo & check at "changed".

checkinstall disappearance from buster channel & nobody mention it. Perhaps I should leave it missing without telling anyone...
instead of reviving it on obs repo... maybe it might coming back like synaptic or maybe not...
Innovate

Re: Linux is very sensible (better dont touch it!)

Postby stevepusser » 2019-05-13 19:27

Innovate wrote:
stevepusser wrote:Usually multiple packages from one source are handled by the control file plus multiple .install files, like foo.install, libfoo.install, libfoo-dev.install, libfoo-doc.install, etc., where you list what files go in which package and where they are installed. But doing that from scratch can be a rather involved and tedious process, which is why backporting, or using a previous version as a template, is much easier.

Exactly, That's what I tried to explain to them but they're too ignorant to understand or perhaps they're just hating my guts & double standard picky on messenger that they like. Like only respect your deliver but hostile to mine even we deliver the same message warning.
Even if I'm your blacksmith package apprentice they're still looking down on me because I'm "nobody".
I guess there's only you who can witness what I'm doing. At least many packages I made can fill your Debian & MX packaging database.
That why I didn't report new packages lately because you can peak at my repo & check at "changed".

checkinstall disappearance from buster channel & nobody mention it. Perhaps I should leave it missing without telling anyone...
instead of reviving it on obs repo... maybe it might coming back like synaptic or maybe not...

Could you provide a link to your OBS repo?
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Calibre 3.48.0, QMPlay2 19.09.03, wine-staging 4.16, Telegram-desktop 1.8.8, Pale Moon 28.7.1, Waterfox 56.2.14
stevepusser

Previous

Return to Offtopic