Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

zero

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
Mr James

zero

#1 Post by Mr James »

hello one and all,

i have recently *begun* work on a fully open source C89 static utility library called lib0. you can follow it's progress at
https://github.com/mreyoud/lib0
hopefully it and the libraries to follow will be of use...

here's to creating statically linked, self contained, binaries in debian....

any and all constructive criticism is not just welcomed, but expected and much appreciated.
asus S551L laptop :: debian stable :: dwm

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: zero

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Mr James wrote:any and all constructive criticism is not just welcomed, but expected and much appreciated
Why isn't it GPL'd? :mrgreen:

If I may ask: how does this implementation compare with musl libc, dietlibc & uClibc?

Is it POSIX-compliant?
deadbang

Mr James

#3 Post by Mr James »

it isn't a libc. it is a utility library.
think glib but with ladd() to add an item to a list, not g_linux_kernel_list_h_inspired_doubly_linked_circular_list_add_head()... :mrgreen:

neuraleskimo

#4 Post by neuraleskimo »

Mr James wrote: here's to creating statically linked, self contained, binaries in debian....
any and all constructive criticism is not just welcomed, but expected and much appreciated.
Looks good, but I have a question/comment. From first glance, it seems that you plan to organize the rest of your library around single-linked lists (or maybe that is all you have so far but plan more). If lists, why?

Mr James

#5 Post by Mr James »

neuraleskimo wrote:
Mr James wrote: here's to creating statically linked, self contained, binaries in debian....
Looks good, but I have a question/comment. From first glance, it seems that you plan to organize the rest of your library around single-linked lists (or maybe that is all you have so far but plan more). If lists, why?
nope. now search trees have been added. y'all understand this is a work in progress. the api is currently in flux, hence the 0.0 version.