Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Virtual Box

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Tupeelo

Virtual Box

#1 Post by Tupeelo »

How do I get and install the latest virtual box in stable ?

GarryRicketson

Re: Virtual Box

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

How do I get and install the latest virtual box in Debian stable ?
Please at least try searching before asking.
The very first hit : https://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox

theblueplll

#3 Post by theblueplll »

[I wasn't going to bother to post but this is ridiculous to not even consult the developer of the softwares documentation before you start asking for someone to tell you how to install something.

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

Well, it is the "beginners" category, and yes we do get some that really don't even know where to start looking. But any way, we try to encourage them to also start learning how to do searches , besides that, in some countries the search engines do not work well, and a lot of info is censored,.. if the OP does not understand what is said in the wiki, someone else will have to try to explain.

theblueplll

#5 Post by theblueplll »

GarryRicketson wrote:Well, it is the "beginners" category, and yes we do get some that really don't even know where to start looking. But any way, we try to encourage them to also start learning how to do searches , besides that, in some countries the search engines do not work well, and a lot of info is censored,.. if the OP does not understand what is said in the wiki, someone else will have to try to explain.
You have a point and I was a little harsh I suppose.

After all my years on the internet and interacting with people from all over the world I should have taken this into consideration.
Also I bet I have asked some stupid questions or have been at least lazy in my research and you and a few others helped me anyway.

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

To be a little kinder to the OP, there are different methods depending if you are using Buster or Stretch, and Buster might get it in buster-backports eventually. Debian packages are preferable to the ones from Oracle, IMO.

We ported it over to the MX 19 Buster-based repos to make it easier to install, but are in a debate which to make default, 5.2.30 or 6.0.8 (which only supports 64-bit and doesn't support your system theming).
MX Linux packager and developer