snes9x 1.60 install stalled

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

snes9x 1.60 install stalled

Postby JJThompson » 2019-07-22 19:55

I've read this post: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=108531&p=516618&hilit=snes9x#p516618 but it does not answer my question

I am trying to install / make execuatable the snes9x program. I've noticed that there is no packages for debian except the liberato wrapper, which is not working. So I am trying to use a package made for Arch Linux. Is this possible?

Also, I have seen users describe creating a debian package from source code. I've looked at the files of the SNES9x source code, but I'm not sure if that would be easier than what I am doing.

Which should be simpler:

1 - Generate a executable program from source code.
2 - Try to use the package from Arch linux (listed in code below)
3 - Try to get the unresponsive Retroarch to work, and somehow use that.

Included here are my efforts regarding the arch linux package, in case that is relevant.

Steps:
sudo tar -xf snes9x-gtk-1.60-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

What is extracted includes:
USR folder (locked and cannot be moved or deleted)
.BUILDINFO (a file)
.MTREE (an archive, opening not supported)
.PKGINFO (a file)

The only file that appears useful is a snes9x-gtk file, which I am assuming is the program file. There is no configure folder, so I assume this means it is not source code. However I have never tried to install anything before that wasn't from the package manager, so I am a little lost.

Continuing

Using ./snes9x-gtk within the folder containing the file returns an error: error while loading shared libraries: libglslang.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
JJThompson

Re: snes9x 1.60 install stalled

Postby ruwolf » 2019-07-23 06:52

In my opinion, the best solution would be extending alien to Arch Linux pkg format. :D
Debian has glslang-dev package, which contains only libglslang.a (static) library...
ruwolf

Location: Slovakia, Banovce nad Bebravou, Matice slovenskej 1260/4-7

Return to Beginners Questions