Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
sickpig

y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

#1 Post by sickpig »

omg i just saw chris as a spamhunter along-with head. but where is the bird? bring the bird back!!! its much needed. This forum will never be the same without Garry. There, I have followed every possible conceivable rule in grammar.

theblueplll

Re: y is garry not a spamhunter anymore?

#2 Post by theblueplll »

sickpig wrote:omg i just saw chris as a spamhunter along-with head. but where is the bird? bring the bird back!!! its much needed. This forum will never be the same without Garry. There, I have followed every possible conceivable rule in grammar.

I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Garry never "talked down" to anybody, he just offered genuine advice to the best of his abilities. I think perhaps you are projecting your own feelings of inadequacy.

In my opinion he was a sterling community member and I will miss him especially in respect of spam hunting, a job at which he was simply superb.
deadbang

golinux

#4 Post by golinux »

I see the "censorship hunters" are in full force. Sad to see that coming to this on this forum.
May the FORK be with you!

HuangLao

#5 Post by HuangLao »

golinux wrote:I see the "censorship hunters" are in full force. Sad to see that coming to this on this forum.
Been happening here for some time.....

golinux

#6 Post by golinux »

HuangLao wrote:
golinux wrote:I see the "censorship hunters" are in full force. Sad to see that coming to this on this forum.
Been happening here for some time.....
Sanitized revisionist "history" is very much in vogue these days and not just here. Signs of the times . . .

sickpig

#7 Post by sickpig »

theblueplll wrote:I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.
You got to factor that in with all the research and compilation of answers he did for the poster. His responses can be perceived as stern but that's just how he writes. I am sure he does not mean disrespect. I have seen a few of his descriptions about his spam analysis and they are so very thorough.

Garry if happen to read this please know you are missed and please come back.

sorry but what's a "censorship hunter"? Google doesn't know.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

#8 Post by 4D696B65 »

I checked the logs, Gary deleted the post himself. Please go troll somewhere else. Thanks

golinux

#9 Post by golinux »

4D696B65 wrote:
I checked the logs, Gary deleted the post himself. Please go troll somewhere else. Thanks
You misunderstood what I was referring to. I thought several posts had been deleted from this thread but they were still there in another thread. So it was reader confusion. It happens when you're my age. :mrgreen:

theblueplll

#10 Post by theblueplll »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote: I think perhaps you are projecting your own feelings of inadequacy
Are you serious or trying to make me laugh because that was hilarious?

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#11 Post by None1975 »

theblueplll wrote:I'm sure some of us don't miss being talked down to and made to feel like we are mindless idiots.
Well said!
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#12 Post by None1975 »

sickpig wrote: Garry if happen to read this please know you are missed and please come back.
There's some unhealthy attraction between you and that character who loves birds ...

sickpig

#13 Post by sickpig »

None1975 wrote:
sickpig wrote: Garry if happen to read this please know you are missed and please come back.
There's some unhealthy attraction between you and that character who loves birds ...
:lol:
its more of me liking the things as they were and hating change. Also Garry is quite dedicated when it comes to fighting spam.

neuraleskimo

#14 Post by neuraleskimo »

From my perspective, he is dedicated and on-target. I like and respect him.

Anyway, I have been mostly checked out for the last two weeks or so (family medical emergency). It seems I have missed something. It also seems that people are using past-tense to talk about Garry?! :cry:

golinux

#15 Post by golinux »

neuraleskimo wrote:
From my perspective, he is dedicated and on-target. I like and respect him.

Anyway, I have been mostly checked out for the last two weeks or so (family medical emergency). It seems I have missed something. It also seems that people are using past-tense to talk about Garry?! :cry:
Looks like scrambled his account here.

Head_on_a_Stick

#16 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

neuraleskimo wrote:It also seems that people are using past-tense to talk about Garry?!
Don't worry, Garry is alive and well, he's still posting over at daemonforums.org
deadbang

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#17 Post by None1975 »

Interesting thing. The man assigned to fight spammers behaves like a spammer himself. It's worth remembering his repetitive advices written on almost half a page ...

cuckooflew

#18 Post by cuckooflew »

What I see here on this forum, is mostly spam, based on what you say, everyone just keeps posting the same questions, and the same repetive answers. And then all the nonsense, and BS , really this forum is just a circus, I don't see how any one can take it seriously.
Sometimes it takes more the half a page to explain things, or just 1 simple link. I don't know who this gary guy was, but I think they made a good desicion , this forum is not worth the time.
Look at these 2 recent threads, not just this garry person, it is everyone just asking the same questions, and posting the same answers.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=15
==========
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=142951
And then idiots like this none, nobody, bash 1 person because they were repetitive,..???
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

sickpig

#19 Post by sickpig »

cuckooflew wrote:What I see here on this forum, is mostly spam, based on what you say, everyone just keeps posting the same questions, and the same repetive answers. And then all the nonsense, and BS , really this forum is just a circus, I don't see how any one can take it seriously.
Sometimes it takes more the half a page to explain things, or just 1 simple link. I don't know who this gary guy was, but I think they made a good desicion , this forum is not worth the time.
Look at these 2 recent threads, not just this garry person, it is everyone just asking the same questions, and posting the same answers.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=15
==========
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=142951
And then idiots like this none, nobody, bash 1 person because they were repetitive,..???
I do not entirely agree with you. I have almost always had all of my questions answered correctly. This forum especially the howto section is full of excellent tips and solutions. I see there are lot of experts here who are willing to help noobs without demanding anything in return. I am sorry you had bad experience here, hope it changes for you.

cuckooflew

#20 Post by cuckooflew »

It is not entirely a bad experience, rather entertaining like a circus, or the toy story movie. Yes there are several dedicated helpers that keep answering the same questions repetively and with patience, over and over. I guess now, there is no one really paying attention to what is spam, like here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 12#p704080 Just look at the signature,
Re: Bluetooth connection not working.

Postby Mudge25 » 2019-07-27 05:56
Can u pls specify bluetooth version.Then only we can help u with it..So pls specify some more details
mywegmansconnect
And it is not even a very long post, it just copies the previous reply , when some one else also asked for the details on the software version. What is the point in having spam hunters ? Besides that removing spam is just another form of censor ship, and needs to be stopped.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!