Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No sound at all

Need help with peripherals or devices?
tagal4

No sound at all

#1 Post by tagal4 »

I made a post a few weeks ago about a problem I was having with the sound coming out of my new Logitech speakers not being in sync with both online and offline video. Now I have no sound at all coming from my speakers. I tried another set of speakers (JBL) that I could get very low sound from before and I have no sound coming from them as well. I also can't get any sound from CD's I've uploaded onto my computer. I'm thinking the onboard sound card on my computer must finally be kaput. Can someone please confirm this, or if there is something else it could be please tell my how to diagnose and correct it.

Also, if I need to get an add-on sound card which lower priced ones work Linux Debian? I just need basic sound. It's frustrating having a computer with no sound!

Thanks for any help.

ruwolf

Re: No sound at all

#2 Post by ruwolf »

What about aplay tests?

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Load up a live ISO image to eliminate local misconfiguration.
deadbang

tagal4

#4 Post by tagal4 »

I loaded a live ISO image as recommended, and the sound works just fine and is even in sync with the video on Youtube. So the solution seems to be to back up my files and reinstall Stretch? Or is there a simpler way to reconfigure my system without going to all that trouble?

Thank again for the help - you saved the day!

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Code: Select all

aplay -l
amixer
?
deadbang