Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Audio (and backlight) on ASUS t103h

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dlj0

Audio (and backlight) on ASUS t103h

#1 Post by dlj0 »

I just got a new notebook, an ASUS transformer mini t103h. I installed debian 10 (and went to testing, which my other machines have). Kernel is 4.19.0-5-amd64. Most everything worked out of the box; wifi, bluetooth, touchscreen. But I have searched for a way to get the speakers to work. Most of the cures were already taken care of -- they were actually for the 101 or 102 models. I suspect a module conflict, but don't have any information which ones are the problem. I hooked up bluetooth headphones, and they work fine.
I would also like to know how to get the backlight adjustment working, either on-screen or using the buttons.
Does anyone out there have one of these? Share the experience?

stevepusser

Re: Audio (and backlight) on ASUS t103h

#2 Post by stevepusser »

If it's recent Intel hardware, it needs firmware-misc-nonfree for correct audio support. https://packages.debian.org/buster/firm ... sc-nonfree

Refer to the 6.85 gazillion posts here on how to install non-free firmware, or just look in the Debian wiki.
MX Linux packager and developer