Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to Auto Reset DVB-card after suspend ?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Chris

How to Auto Reset DVB-card after suspend ?

#1 Post by Chris »

Unfortunately, my PCIe DVB-Sky T982 card does not work after my PC with Debian v10.0 have been in suspend and or Hibernate mode. If I run Windows OS, then there are no problems.

In Debian, I can restart the card manually or with a bash script with the commands "sudo rmmod cx23885" as well "sudo modprobe cx23885 card = 51", but it would be nice if it could be automatic by/after awakening from suspend and or hibernate, so if there is someone who knows how to fix it ?

Dai_trying

Re: How to Auto Reset DVB-card after suspend ?

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

First response from google here should answer your question

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

I think the answer could be quite different under systemd than six years ago, but I don't know much about how systemd handles that. I do have my system unloading and reloading the wi-fi driver before and after suspend without systemd by this method:

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/networking/wif ... nd-issues/

I suspect it would do that for any module.
MX Linux packager and developer

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

Hi Dai_trying and thank you for your response.

I have of course previously searched the net to find a solution, but unfortunately without success. I have also tried the method in your link, which I could not get to work either.

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Hi Stevepusser and thank you for your response.

I need something more concrete than what you are advocating, but I am also pretty sure that Debian V10, which uses SYSTEMD, is not working with /etc/pm solutions.

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

I think you will have to write a systemd service file that will call a script that unloads and reloads that module. You could use the service file for iuvolt as a template.

https://github.com/tiziw/iuvolt/blob/ma ... lt.service

Say you create foo.service. Then as sysadmin:

Code: Select all

cp foo.service /etc/systemd/system/
systemctl enable foo.service
MX Linux packager and developer

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

Stevepusser - Thank you for your post.
I don't think I have the knowledge of Linux to be able to make the file Foo.Service with the correct commands at this time. In any case, I was more on the look-out for a way to automatically run my simple bash script "reset.sh " by awakening from suspend and or hibernate, which has the following content and works upon activation from a terminal window:

#!/bin/bash
sudo rmmod cx23885
sudo modprobe cx23885 card = 51