Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Bluetooth Mouse Lag

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Eraph

Bluetooth Mouse Lag

#1 Post by Eraph »

Hi all, looking for help diagnosing bluetooth mouse lag. I'm using a Logitech MX Anywhere 2, I've had it a few years now and it's worked well on a number of Linux distros. I recently installed Debian 10 and set it up to use Sid repos. In this environment, the mouse does not work as responsively as normal. I'm on a laptop, and the touchpad works perfectly smoothly, and a wired mouse is also perfectly smooth. What I get with the bluetooth mouse is as if the sampling rate is maybe once every 3 or 4 frames.
I still have Pop!_OS installed which is based on Ubuntu 19.04, the mouse works as expected in that environment. Forgetting the mouse and re-adding it offers no change to behaviour, same with reboots. I've updated to the latest state of the repos, no dice.
My best guess would be that it's down to the iwlwifi module (it's a Lenovo Yoga 900 with an Intel Core i7 6560U with integrated Intel Wireless 8260), but no idea where to go from here.
Cheers!

phenest

Re: Bluetooth Mouse Lag

#2 Post by phenest »

Why would it be something to do with the iwlwifi module if it's a bluetooth device?
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Eraph

#3 Post by Eraph »

It was my understanding that the module deals with bluetooth too. Am I mistaken?

phenest

#4 Post by phenest »

ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Eraph

#5 Post by Eraph »

Thanks for sharing, I should have mentioned I am using non-free firmware, not much extra info on that page although I did try the 'slow wifi' solution with no change to mouse speed.
I should also mention that I found another solution that suggests switching to Xorg instead of Wayland, again no change in behaviour when I make the switch.