Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

dpki /usr/local/sbin not in PATH

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
delare

dpki /usr/local/sbin not in PATH

#1 Post by delare »

Hi,

on fresh installed Debian Buster (installed yesterday, with xfce) i get following if i try to install a deb package (as root)

all in xfce terminal switched to root with su

Code: Select all

root@europa:/home/europa/Downloads# dpkg -i code_1.38.1-1568209190_amd64.deb 
dpkg: Warnung: »ldconfig« wurde im PATH nicht gefunden oder ist nicht ausführbar
dpkg: Warnung: »start-stop-daemon« wurde im PATH nicht gefunden oder ist nicht ausführbar
dpkg: Fehler: 2 erwartete Programme nicht im PATH gefunden oder nicht ausführbar
Beachten Sie: PATH von root sollte normalerweise /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin und /sbin enthalten
It was working before i tried to install another package (steam client) that failed with missing depencies. This one is now working after synaptic repaired that and installed the missing packages (curl, xterm, konsole). But now all other failes with the message above.

echo $PATH in console (as root) returns:

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
In /etc/profile there is

if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
  PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
else
  PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games"
id -u in console as root returns

i did not changed the profile in /etc or /hrome/<user>, the profile file from my stretch version looks similar

just tried at last, as user with sudo works but not more if i switched with su to root.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

Re: dpki /usr/local/sbin not in PATH

#2 Post by 4D696B65 »

debian now uses

su -
su does not change to roots path

delare

Re: dpki /usr/local/sbin not in PATH

#3 Post by delare »