Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Whassup????

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
millpond

Whassup????

#1 Post by millpond »

I've been a bit busy lately, transitioning between Linux and Win, often for weeks at a time. Each has its advantages for particular projects I am on.

I havent really been paying much attention to Debian lately, and as a matter of policy here, have all unattended updates disabled. I update selectively from synaptic and have had only minor issues with my highly personalized configuration.

So it came as a bit of a surprise to find that the reason for the lack of 'upgradable' packages was an ignored error I was overlooking about not updating some obscure file to take Buster from 'testing' to 'stable'.

I am wondering what other changes there have been since the 'original' Buster. I see libc has been updated to v29.

This is an ancient C2D (by choice) and I am also concerned of any 'updates' trying to deprecate older hardware. Like Stretch did on my 32 bit system with mesa video drivers.

So the main question is: Whats new?

Anything in particular to catch up on?

millpond

Re: Whassup????

#3 Post by millpond »

Thanks for the links.

Doesnt seem like much difference, though dont really like Apparmor being a 'requirement' as I have it disabled. So far all seems to be working, but havent gone through much.

Is there any scuttlebut 'gotchas' I should watch out for?

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Whassup????

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

millpond wrote:Is there any scuttlebut 'gotchas' I should watch out for?
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=142973 seems to be catching out the hoi polloi.
deadbang