Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Jessie 8 Raspberry PI upgrade with OMV

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
alexnetdoc

Debian Jessie 8 Raspberry PI upgrade with OMV

#1 Post by alexnetdoc »

Hi guys (and ladies),

I have Raspbian Jessie 8 version with Openmediavault installed on my Raspberry PI 3. I don't want to lose or re-install the system from scratch, so asking:
Did someone already do the Jessie 8 upgrade with OMV installed and was it successful? If yes, is there some guide I could use?

The reason I am afraid of is that my OMV is quite heavily configured and spending a week again will be a pain :( and apparently there is no OMV configuration export to import it after OS re-install.

Any information will be helpful!

Alex

alexnetdoc

Re: Debian Jessie 8 Raspberry PI upgrade with OMV

#2 Post by alexnetdoc »

as I have found out that upgrades are not supported from 8 version of Jessie 8 to buster for example.

Then I assume I cannot properly use Jessie 8 as it's no longer supported...

Darn it... I need then to find a way to use some kind of Rolling-release OS with OMV installed. Will Debian testing work for that? I don't want to re-install my OS every few years... and I have only OMV installed on my Raspbian, nothing else