Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Tor Browser on debian 10

Here you can discuss every aspect of Debian. Note: not for support requests!
freefix

Tor Browser on debian 10

#1 Post by freefix »

hello there i running a debian 10 on amd64 bits on toshiba laptop, i manage to install tor browser and launcher and it work for week, now i try to open browser and nothing just a black screen on, anyone had same issue and like to share fix for that ,i follow the procedure in debian wiki also, kind of give up ,if someone had same issue please i will appreciate ,thanks in advance.
freefix

Bulkley

Re: Tor Browser on debian 10

#2 Post by Bulkley »

How did you install the Tor Browser? Tor is available as an appimage and can run without actually installing it.

freefix

#3 Post by freefix »

Hi thank you for the reply, i follow the instructions from the link on the attachment , they have instructions for debian
10 buster , excuse my ignorance , it was working fine i installed it work fine like i said , and suddenly stop working, reinstall from tor launcher ,and nothing i will appreciate any help i am not good on debian , if there is a how to for dummies i will appreciate thank you
[ https://wiki.debian.org/TorBrowser ][/code]

Bulkley

#4 Post by Bulkley »

Go here. Download the latest tar ball and open it. It will look something like this: tor-browser-linux64-9.0_en-US.tar.xz . Start Tor Browser from the command line by running

Code: Select all

./start-tor-browser
from inside the Tor Browser directory.

freefix

#5 Post by freefix »

thank you so much sorry i could not answer before , i finally manage to install it
SOLVED