Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

TitleBar shrink -:- fonts-decerations : How to fix?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Data007

TitleBar shrink -:- fonts-decerations : How to fix?

#1 Post by Data007 »

Hi
I have been struggling with this for weeks, with no end insight.
Every other day or so I find that the Title bar text has shrunk to minute proportions. Looking like a font size of 2/3 mill high font. This font outage/shrinkage affects the size of the window decorations as well as font sizes in the KDE menu as well. By window decorations, I mean browser Icon and minimize/maximize and close icons.

The solution seems to be to jack all font sizes up to size-20, this will(when small change them to normal size), however after a reboot sometimes the opposite will occur
and the fonts -:- will resume the proper size and I will then have to go back to settings/fonts and set the value's back to 10pt.

I am unsure whether this is a Debian thing or KDE thing. I am at a loss as to how to permanently fix this, any help gratefully received.

Debian 10 in operation and KDE plasma.

stevepusser

Re: TitleBar shrink -:- fonts-decerations : How to fix?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

What window decoration theme are you using in KDE, or does happen no matter which one you're using?
MX Linux packager and developer

Data007

#3 Post by Data007 »

Hi
Iam using 'Breeze Dark' if that's what you mean an Oxygen.

And breeze cursors them

HIH

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

KDE System Settings has a different setting for the title bar and window borders, just search for "decorations" in the settings. If you only have one available, you can download and try some others right there in the Settings.
MX Linux packager and developer

Data007

#5 Post by Data007 »

This still does not Fix the fonts issue when set to 12pt(global) I still get small fonts all over the place.
Like in Dolphin(filenames), Titlebar, Menu's, ... ...

The size off the decorations appears to be related to the size off the font.

Going no where fast :shock: hehe
just search for "decorations" in the settings.
Does not seem to be a separate item for that named "decorations"

Data007

#6 Post by Data007 »

Hi
I have noticed this happening the shrinkage of fonts, global right after installing the new driver for my graphics card, as discribed in another thread.
None1975 wrote:
Nvidia Gtx 1070
Hello. Your card is pretty new. Released 3 years ago. So it will work great with new driver (418.74-1) as well. How do I install these drivers? It is very simple. Add contrib and non-free to your

Code: Select all

/etc/apt/sources.list
(more info here https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList).
Then install the this script:

nvidia-detect

Run it (as normal user).
Here example output:

$ nvidia-detect
Detected NVIDIA GPUs:
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] [10de:0de1] (rev a1)
Your card is supported by the default drivers.
It is recommended to install the
    nvidia-driver
package.

I face issues where ever there is a font menus/titlebars/.../.,.. even with the size of the font jscked up the font size in menu's is less than a mill.

Will post screen shots latter, is there a global setting that affects everything?

Edit :>Aperently the boad has reached its limit or I have for a screenshot, even a 1kb one