Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Okular (flatpak) does not work tabs

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

Okular (flatpak) does not work tabs

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,

I cant make tabs to work with okular (flatpak)... I could use okular-snap but refresh worse than flatpak's and it takes so long to launch for the first time in comparison with flatpak. So, I dont know why having tabs checkbox marked, doesnt open new pdf in tabs.. any idea?? :shock:

Using: Stretch

Thanks.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: Okular (flatpak) does not work tabs

#2 Post by bester69 »

I see, Okular open tabs when opening from application, but when i try from command windows It launch a new okular window... I dont know how to do to pick same instance ,
Im using this, within script:

Code: Select all

flatpak run --file-forwarding org.kde.okular  '@@' "$@" '@@' &
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by sunrat »

Works in Okular from Debian repo, why don't you use that?
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

sunrat wrote:Works in Okular from Debian repo, why don't you use that?
Hi,

0.26 vs 1.7.2 (That's a minor version)

- Newer version, use Qt5 and KDE5 (engines); but the main reason was, I had the feeling okular stable wasnt rendering very well some pdfs, some of them took too much to open up, or some pages refresh with some kind of lag, staying in white for a secod or two seconds.. something very annoying. Im not confortable with the currrent behavior of okular in my system. I tried newer version (flatpak and okular) and had the feeling it was responding quicker and more stable.

Anyways, I see flatpak behaves some different to snap, like with more isolation security..I think to remember It happens the same with libreoffice, It opens every instance in different windows... I dont know how to do to run flatpak executing instances using same window

thanks.