Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[solved] Buster no splash screen; updated

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
ticojohn

Re: Buster no splash screen; updated

#21 Post by ticojohn »

Of course drm is included. Everything has been set according to the Debian wiki on Plymouth.
[quote="ticojohn"]Well, I found something that might be an issue. In the Debian Plymouth Wiki it instructs the user to edit the /etc/initramfs_tools/modules file to add

Code: Select all

intel_agp
drm
i915 modeset=1
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.

trinidad

#22 Post by trinidad »

At the beginning you say two drives with different systems. Are you dual booting? Buster displays boot-up messages if grub was installed to the drive from a default Stretch X11 system.

TC
You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.

ticojohn

#23 Post by ticojohn »

trinidad wrote:At the beginning you say two drives with different systems. Are you dual booting? Buster displays boot-up messages if grub was installed to the drive from a default Stretch X11 system.
Yes I am dual booting, but not exactly sure what you're implying. Initially both drives had Stretch and I upgraded on drive to Buster. The /boot/grub/grub.cfg file on new Buster drive would have been generated from the /etc/default/grub file on the Buster drive, would it not? Why would it matter that the system is booting from grub on the Stretch drive?

ticojohn

#24 Post by ticojohn »

@trinidad YES. You got it. Your comment made me think. After all the putzing around with grub in Buster, I never thought about having to update grub on my boot drive. Without updating grub on the boot drive it still had the original boot information for the other drive. How DUMB of me. Thank you for giving me the path to resolving that issue.

KUDOS to trinidad. Will mark this as solved. Thank you trinidad.

UPDATE: I upgraded to Buster on my Intel NUC. Now that I know how to do it, everything went as smooth as grease on a glass pole. :lol: