Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Any PDF-reader with text reflow?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

Any PDF-reader with text reflow?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
Do you happend to know of any pdf-reader/plugin with text reflow??.., I cant find anything but ebook readers :idea:

I only got this feature by using calibre viewer and converting on fly (script launcher) pdfs' to ebooks format (epub).. :roll: ..

and thought okular can open epubs, it just doesnt reflow text of ebook neither.

Thanks.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

stevepusser

Re: Any PDF-reader with text reflow?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

I thought having the text look just the way the author placed it is a feature of the PDF format!
MX Linux packager and developer

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

stevepusser wrote:I thought having the text look just the way the author placed it is a feature of the PDF format!
for sure it's, but how do you read a pdf if for any reason you need to use a smaller or very small window; then you have to be using scroll..thats what i love about ebook reader, they can reflow text so you can resize viewer window any size and text adjust to window, you only need to increase or decrease text size font, to get it great.

Adobe reader seems to have this feature included in reader:
How can I make text reflow (automatically shift when I change the zoom level) in a PDF document?
http://libanswers.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/faq/124202
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

testing with wine, yeah, adobe XI has it, it has a cool "reorganize" funtion (ctr+4)

This is what i miss :?

Danielsan

#5 Post by Danielsan »

Basically PDF are static documents... But Adobe, which is the main developer of Postscript, can make the text fluid; probably with some closed features unavailable for GNU and Linux.