Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[resolved] Anbody here use Grisbi

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
ticojohn

[resolved] Anbody here use Grisbi

#1 Post by ticojohn »

I recently upgraded to Buster and of course Grisbi got updated. I HATE IT. It appears to have been designed for use on a widescreen (16:9) format and I have a standard (4:3) monitor. When I open a file the right side of the window is truncated and I have to go through all kinds of contortions to see the account information. I have tried to change the configuration settings but to no avail. I have gone so far as to see if I could load the old version from Stretch but have NOT done so as I don't want to create a FrankenDebian system.

Is anybody else seeing similar problems? I am almost tempted to reinstall Stretch. ARGGHHHH
Last edited by ticojohn on 2019-12-02 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.

trinidad

Re: Anbody here use Grisbi

#2 Post by trinidad »

Are you using a default X11 system? Also I would check the package dependencies.

https://packages.debian.org/buster/grisbi

TC
You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.

ticojohn

#3 Post by ticojohn »

trinidad wrote:Are you using a default X11 system? Also I would check the package dependencies.

https://packages.debian.org/buster/grisbi

TC
Yes, I am using X11. And I did a cursory view of the dependencies and all seems well. Can't imagine other wise as I installed using Synaptic.

UPDATE: I just installed Grisbi on my Intel NUC which is attached to a widescreen TV. I get the same results. I am using the XFCE DE on both the NUC and my desktop. I wonder if the results would be different if I were using Gnome or KDE. I'm not changing the DE, just wondering.

ticojohn

#4 Post by ticojohn »

I have notified the Grisbi developers about my issues. Hope to find a resolution. Will post any significant information for those that may be interested.

ticojohn

#5 Post by ticojohn »

After two weeks of being totally annoyed with the latest version of Grisbi I decided to turn to Dr. FrankenDebian. I now have the previous version of Grisbi running flawlessly. I know the rule: don't create a FrankenDebian. I am NOT recommending that anyone else do it, but I just reached my limit of annoyance and felt I had to take action to protect what little sanity I had remaining.

gregorwell

Re: [resolved] Anbody here use Grisbi

#6 Post by gregorwell »

ticojohn wrote:I recently upgraded to Buster and of course Grisbi got updated. I HATE IT. It appears to have been designed for use on a widescreen (16:9) format and I have a standard (4:3) monitor. When I open a file the right side of the window is truncated and I have to go through all kinds of contortions to see the account information. I have tried to change the configuration settings but to no avail. I have gone geometry dash so far as to see if I could load the old version from Stretch but have NOT done so as I don't want to create a FrankenDebian system.

Is anybody else seeing similar problems? I am almost tempted to reinstall Stretch. ARGGHHHH
I just turn to the previous version of Grisbi