Fail to install Debian on nvme

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby Kenshin Himura » 2019-12-13 11:07

Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme? I use uefi native .
Kenshin Himura
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 2019-11-15 21:14

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby p.H » 2019-12-14 09:07

Unable to compute. Available data insufficient.
p.H
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: 2017-09-17 07:12

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-12-14 13:58

My humble opinion, ignore this kind of post,no details= no answers:


Ever wonder why your post isn't getting answered?
The third most likely reason is that you have not provided enough information on your problem for someone to help you. Try adding as much detailed information on the problem as you can along with what machine you have and it's specifications as well as specifically stating which version of Debian you are using.


How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - Catb.org
=====
Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?

Maybe because you have not bothered to read anything, documentation etc....
why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
===
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.

And hope to be home, with my grandfather soon.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 86
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby Kenshin Himura » 2019-12-14 19:35

cuckooflew wrote:My humble opinion, ignore this kind of post,no details= no answers:


Ever wonder why your post isn't getting answered?
The third most likely reason is that you have not provided enough information on your problem for someone to help you. Try adding as much detailed information on the problem as you can along with what machine you have and it's specifications as well as specifically stating which version of Debian you are using.


How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - Catb.org
=====
Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?

Maybe because you have not bothered to read anything, documentation etc....
why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
===


What info do you need?
Kenshin Himura
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 2019-11-15 21:14

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby cuckooflew » 2019-12-14 21:30

Everything you have not told us, Hardware details, you say it is a NVME, but what kind:EG, Samsung, adata xpg, WD, seagate, and so on....
What image/type of Debian installer, yes you do say it is testing,but is it netinstll, CD, DVD , usb, etc. ?
At what point does the install fail, ? or does the install device just not boot ? There should be some kind of error messages, a explicit description of how you are trying to install,what you do , etc.
There is actually a lot of information on this, if you bothered doing any searches, one thread on this forum as well : http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=141022&start=0, If you want help, you need to put some effort into it your self, and give a good clear description of the problem, instead of asking people play 20 questions,to get the details,use some logic, we do not know what you have done,or did not do, no body can guess at why you can not install , we don't even know how you tried to install, did you put the install CD into the optical drive ? or if it is USB , did you put the image on the USB correctly, and is the USB device plugged in ? Do you have any handicaps or other problems that we should know about ? EG ,reading disability, unable to access search engines, brain damage, stroke, etc... ? That is ok,if you do, but you should tell us ahead of time , so we know you need "special" attention. Debian testing might not be the best choice for you, in fact Debian might not be a good choice, but that is another topic.
====edited====
Off topic, but speaking of handicaps, and seriously you or any one asking questions, and trying to get help, it is ok , but it is a important detail and should be included in the first post. Like wise, those trying to help, for example, me , maybe I sound rude or crude and socially unacceptable, but seriously I don't have that much time left, and on very high doses of pain medicine sometimes it gets confusing , and sometimes I am somewhat grumpy, ..maybe I should just not respond?
My grand father knows all about everything:
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.

And hope to be home, with my grandfather soon.
cuckooflew
 
Posts: 86
Joined: 2018-05-10 19:34
Location: Some where out west

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby Kenshin Himura » 2019-12-14 21:47

Disk samsung mzvlb512hajq
debian-live-10.2.0-amd64-gnome+nonfree.iso
the installation proceeds and completes successfully, but it can boot up into DE leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left
I made a usb with both dd and cp commands as they suggest and the site of Debian but both failed to boot up.
Only if i use legacy boot it makes it to the DE.
Kenshin Himura
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 2019-11-15 21:14

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby Kenshin Himura » 2019-12-14 21:52

cuckooflew wrote:Everything you have not told us, Hardware details, you say it is a NVME, but what kind:EG, Samsung, adata xpg, WD, seagate, and so on....
What image/type of Debian installer, yes you do say it is testing,but is it netinstll, CD, DVD , usb, etc. ?
At what point does the install fail, ? or does the install device just not boot ? There should be some kind of error messages, a explicit description of how you are trying to install,what you do , etc.
There is actually a lot of information on this, if you bothered doing any searches, one thread on this forum as well : http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=141022&start=0, If you want help, you need to put some effort into it your self, and give a good clear description of the problem, instead of asking people play 20 questions,to get the details,use some logic, we do not know what you have done,or did not do, no body can guess at why you can not install , we don't even know how you tried to install, did you put the install CD into the optical drive ? or if it is USB , did you put the image on the USB correctly, and is the USB device plugged in ? Do you have any handicaps or other problems that we should know about ? EG ,reading disability, unable to access search engines, brain damage, stroke, etc... ? That is ok,if you do, but you should tell us ahead of time , so we know you need "special" attention. Debian testing might not be the best choice for you, in fact Debian might not be a good choice, but that is another topic.
====edited====
Off topic, but speaking of handicaps, and seriously you or any one asking questions, and trying to get help, it is ok , but it is a important detail and should be included in the first post. Like wise, those trying to help, for example, me , maybe I sound rude or crude and socially unacceptable, but seriously I don't have that much time left, and on very high doses of pain medicine sometimes it gets confusing , and sometimes I am somewhat grumpy, ..maybe I should just not respond?


Maybe you should visit a psychiatrist. Unfortunately you can't learn manners in internet, this is something you take from family, school, throught interaction with other individuals and experience.
Kenshin Himura
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 2019-11-15 21:14

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby CwF » 2019-12-15 01:03

Kenshin Himura wrote:leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left

...at which point you hit <Ctrl><Alt><F1>
CwF
 
Posts: 562
Joined: 2018-06-20 15:16

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

Postby Kenshin Himura » 2019-12-15 01:30

CwF wrote:
Kenshin Himura wrote:leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left

...at which point you hit <Ctrl><Alt><F1>


Thanks for feedback. If i encounter again this problem i ll try it. For now i managed for reasons i can't understand as newbie, to install Debian xfce testing in native uefi throught calamar Installer, the graphical keeps failing in every step.
Kenshin Himura
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 2019-11-15 21:14


Return to Beginners Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

fashionable