Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Why did reisub removed my EFI boot? Is it safe

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
MagicPoulp

Why did reisub removed my EFI boot? Is it safe

#1 Post by MagicPoulp »

Why did reisub removed my EFI boot? Does it mean I should avoid using this command?`Is it safe to us?

You know the shortcut on the keyboard alt + print + reisub can force a reboot. Sometime I don't have time that my cifs mounted folder unmounts so I use the shortcut. I know how to unmount with the right options, but ittakes 2 or 3 minutes.

And once I could not reboot at all. I had to enter the bios and there was nothing in the efi boot. So I added the /efi/grub that was visible in the existing ones, and then it worked.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Why did reisub removed my EFI boot? Is it safe

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Sounds like a UEFI firmware bug to me, I also had a laptop that "forgot" boot entries.

Try

Code: Select all

# grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --removable
^ That should allow GRUB to boot even without NVRAM entries.
deadbang

MagicPoulp

Re: Why did reisub removed my EFI boot? Is it safe

#3 Post by MagicPoulp »

My guess is that the computer was in a special state and I have force a shut-down in a bad state. Probably firmware related.