Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Strange Bluetooth problem, consistently dropped connection

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Number3124

Strange Bluetooth problem, consistently dropped connection

#1 Post by Number3124 »

So, I have an odd problem with Bluetooth on my laptop. It consistently loses its connection to the audio devices I try to use it with. I connect my headphones to it, listen to a few seconds to minutes of audio, and then it drops the connection. They can stay connected on idle until the device powers down automatically, but when I try to listen to audio through them this issue starts up. I did get an error one time when attempting to reconnect my headphones immediately upon disconnection: "Error, host down," I believe it was.

I am running: Debian 10 (Buster) on Kernel Linux 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 in MATE 1.20.4

Here are my drivers according to lsmod:

Code: Select all

bluetooth             647168  49 btrtl,btintel,btbcm,bnep,btusb,rfcomm
Hardware:

dmesg | grep blue
Returns

[   11.659737] bluetooth hci0: firmware: direct-loading firmware intel/ibt-hw-37.7.10-fw-1.80.1.2d.d.bseq
I was running Blueman as my graphical front end though I ended up uninstalling Blueman in frustration. Also, to the best of my knowledge a2dp is fully set up and working. According to pavucontrol at least.

I'll be happy to provide more information if you need it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Strange Bluetooth problem, consistently dropped connecti

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

Number3124

Re: Strange Bluetooth problem, consistently dropped connecti

#3 Post by Number3124 »

I tried making the edit suggested in this article, but it appears to not make a difference. I'm still dropping my connect almost as soon as audio starts. I'm also having interment issues of such as, "connection failed, host down," and, "connection failed, no response received."

I used nano to edit the following:

options iwlwifi bt_coex_active=0 swcrypto=1 11n_disable=8
into the file:

/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf
I then rebooted the system.