Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian ( gnome ) on Zbook Studio G3

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
N1846

Debian ( gnome ) on Zbook Studio G3

#1 Post by N1846 »

==========
EDIT 2: somehow the setting "discrete graphics" in the BIOS worked. i was able to get to the desktop :) NICE :) it lags a bit though..... does anyone know if that can be improved? ( i have a 4K screen )
EDIT 3: the "lag" was an illusion. it was my laser mouse not being used on a smooth surface that made mouse movement lag. especially noticeable whilst dragging windows
==========

hello,

i will attempt to keep this as simple and straight forward as possible:

i have an HP Zbook G3. i have two SSD's in it. one for windows and one for linux. i installed Debian ( latest version as of right now ) on one of the SSD's. that worked.
so i booted into it and i got to the gnome login screen. i entered my password. the login screen dissapeared. the wallpaper stayed. mouse stayed. but then nothing happened. mouse is frozen.

i have tried nomodeset via the grub bootloader but that did not work either. i did not even get to the login screen that way.

Code: Select all

EDIT: i got this error that way: "could not reg notif event ret=-22"
can somebody tell me what to try? i really want to make debian work on this laptop because i hate using windows as my daily operating system.

best regards