Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

The disappearance of the add bookmarks window in firefox

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
rulet

The disappearance of the add bookmarks window in firefox

#1 Post by rulet »

There is such a bug in firefox (68.3.0esr 64 bit, it was on previous versions) under gnome (maybe it also exists under kde, I don’t know) which infuriates me. When adding a bookmark, i.e. Ctrl + D, and then when you change the bookmark name when changing the language, the bookmark editing window disappears, i.e. you must first change the layout and then in another language it is possible to edit the name. Who faced, is there somewhere a bug report or discussion of this misunderstanding?
Debian 10, 64 bit, Gnome 3.30.2, Intel Core i3-6100 CPU 3.70GHz, 8GB RAM.

shep

Re: The disappearance of the add bookmarks window in firefox

#2 Post by shep »

One way to sort out Debian vs Mozilla Foundation bug reports would be temporarily install the Firefox binary from Mozilla. If you get the same behavior with the Mozilla binary, I would submit the bug report to Mozilla.
You did not mention it, but there are language packs for Firefox. Do you have the language pack from Debian installed for your language?
https://wiki.debian.org/Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/us ... guage-pack
https://packages.debian.org/search?keyw ... x-esr-l10n
Last edited by shep on 2019-12-26 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

rulet

#3 Post by rulet »

shep wrote:Do you have the language pack from Debian installed for your language?
Yes, language pack is installed from official Debian repo as latest firefox esr from Debian repo too.

shep

#4 Post by shep »

One other thought. I've seen mention of issues with wayland. If you are using Gnome/wayland, does the firefox window issue persist if you change to Gnome/X11?

rulet

#5 Post by rulet »

Yes, when I change it to x11 session -- problem still exists.

rulet

#6 Post by rulet »

shep wrote:One way to sort out Debian vs Mozilla Foundation bug reports would be temporarily install the Firefox binary from Mozilla
I did so -- the bug also exists when running binary from Mozilla. The interesting thing that bug doesn't exists when running Debian 10 in virtual machine(VMware).