Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

KDE Spectacle ignoring keyboard shortcuts

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
jwrober

KDE Spectacle ignoring keyboard shortcuts

#1 Post by jwrober »

I'm running Debian 10.2 KDE and can't seem to get spectacle to respond to keyboard shortcuts to take a screenshot. If it go into system settings -> shortcuts -> global shortcuts there is an existing application launcher section for spectacle. If I go to the launch spectacle action item I can press the PrtSc key on my keyboard and the settings app will properly respond and mark that key to open spectacle. However, when I apply the setting and try the key, nothing happens. Same is true if I set Shift-Print for rectangle.

Ideas?

L_V

Re: KDE Spectacle ignoring keyboard shortcuts

#2 Post by L_V »

You should try ksnip to compare and investigate (much better than spectacle).

https://store.kde.org/p/1156408/

jwrober

#3 Post by jwrober »

Ok got it installed. Thanks for the tip. Does have some nice features for annotating the screenshot. However I don't see where it support being able to use a keyboard shortcut to activate it with PrtSc or Alt-PrtSc or something like that.

L_V

#4 Post by L_V »

Use kmenuedit / select ksnip / see advanced options of ksnip.

jwrober

#5 Post by jwrober »

Thanks. That works to open it with a keyboard shortcut. I think the app is missing in-app shortcuts for new menu functions.