Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

suspend problem

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
bartek_zgo

suspend problem

#1 Post by bartek_zgo »

Hi,
I have a problem with machine suspend (STR). We have 40 identical machines that make boot with Netboot. So they are really identical. This problem occur in a random way on all machines. So the machine suspends for few times and than wake up. This cycle will work for 1 to 7 times. And than suddenly the machine does not suspend. It looks like the system is making everything correctly but the computer is not suspending. If I check machine state with KVM I can see that the machine is on. Then if I send magic packet to wake up the machine, nothing happens. Before we were using debian jessie. We didn't have any problems. Now I've checked with buster and bullseye. The same situation.
I have redirected console to serial and than grab it with KVM. I can not find any difference between suspend that works and suspend that does not. I have added initcall_debug and no_console_suspend to kernel parameters to see more details. In the log file attached you can see that machine suspend and wakes up correctly. Than at line 1964 it hangs. After that it is rebooted. Some POST messages have corrupted the log. But than again few suspend/wake up cycle and at the end of the file machine looks to be suspended but the power is still on, so I have to reboot it.
I have tested suspend with echo core > /sys/power/pm_test. But this test does not suspend the machine. I can see the whole suspend wake up procedure but the machine is always on. I have repeated this test 20 times. Always everything OK.

bartek_zgo

Re: suspend problem

#2 Post by bartek_zgo »

sorry guys I'm unable to attach file. I get Internal Server Error. I have written to admin. I will try to use some external server

bartek_zgo

#3 Post by bartek_zgo »

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

bartek_zgo wrote:I have tested suspend with echo core > /sys/power/pm_test
How about

Code: Select all

# echo mem > /sys/power/state
Or

Code: Select all

systemctl suspend
The second option has the best chance of working correctly because it's tightly integrated with the login session.

Disclaimer: I haven't downloaded your file and the dense and overly prolix nature of your OP is somewhat resistant to my attempts at comprehension. Perhaps try some more carriage returns?
deadbang

bartek_zgo

#5 Post by bartek_zgo »

Yes. I have tested with systemctl suspend. Ad as I said. It is working for few suspends, than the machine hangs.
What is wrong with my log file? It is standard Unix format with \n without \r (windows format)