Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Applications & Distro Environment

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
judasviking

Applications & Distro Environment

#1 Post by judasviking »

Hi guys,

I just installed Debian for the first time with KDE Plasma, im very happy to be a part oh this distrubution.

Im not a experienced linux user although i have used linux for about 10 years, i mean im not at the terminal level.

Anyway have some questions regarding applications such as spotify and so on, i have hard time to find or install that program.
I have read quite much about it , flatpaks / terminal and stuff but i still cant find it or install it properly.

I also have a question if it is easy to install another desktop environment, i have to admit i like gnome more than this plasma and i really dont want to re-install everything again :P

And at the last, i have downloaded the Nvidia driver but i haven't enabled it? Thats what i get when i try opening Nvidia settings,
Thanks!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Applications & Distro Environment

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

judasviking wrote:Anyway have some questions regarding applications such as spotify and so on, i have hard time to find or install that program.
Enter "spotify flatpak" into your search engine and follow the instructions.
judasviking wrote:if it is easy to install another desktop environment
Yes:

Code: Select all

# tasksel
You should only post one question per thread (with a clear title that reflects the problem) so open more for other questions. But please read the relevant Debian wiki pages first.

See also http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47078
deadbang