LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

If none of the more specific forums is the right place to ask

LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

Postby My555 » 2020-03-02 04:09

AppArmor is not working correctly on my Debian-based LiveCD/Flash. The apparmor_status command shows 0 loaded profiles:
Code: Select all
apparmor module is loaded.
0 profiles are loaded.
0 profiles are in enforce mode.
0 profiles are in complain mode.
0 processes have profiles defined.
0 processes are in enforce mode.
0 processes are in complain mode.

Apparmor seems to work, but somehow weird. For example, in the profile for Firefox I set the value to
Code: Select all
/** rw,
but when I try to save page in Firefox, I get an access error. In addition, the font files and settings of Firefox also do not load, I think the problem is with the paths. If you set the profile to complain mode, the result is similar. And when I turn off the profile (aa-disable), Firefox works fully. The same profile in the system NOT LiveCD/USB works fine.

Is it possible to solve the problem?
My555

Re: LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-03-02 18:10

My555 wrote:Debian-based LiveCD/Flash

^ What is this? How did you obtain it? "Debian-based" sounds like you shouldn't be posting here at all...
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

Postby My555 » 2020-03-02 18:36

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:^ What is this?

This is the original LiveCD image downloaded from the Debian website and recorded on a USB flash drive.

Apparmor does not work correctly. For example, the Apparmor profile for Firefox is working fine on a regular system, but incorrect on a LiveCD. Fonts and profile from Firefox do not load on LiveCD. When I try to save the page, I get an access error. But the rights to write and read in the AppArmor profile are set and everything works correctly on a regular system.
My555

Return to General Questions