Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
My555

LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

#1 Post by My555 »

AppArmor is not working correctly on my Debian-based LiveCD/Flash. The apparmor_status command shows 0 loaded profiles:

Code: Select all

apparmor module is loaded.
0 profiles are loaded.
0 profiles are in enforce mode.
0 profiles are in complain mode.
0 processes have profiles defined.
0 processes are in enforce mode.
0 processes are in complain mode.
Apparmor seems to work, but somehow weird. For example, in the profile for Firefox I set the value to

Code: Select all

/** rw,
but when I try to save page in Firefox, I get an access error. In addition, the font files and settings of Firefox also do not load, I think the problem is with the paths. If you set the profile to complain mode, the result is similar. And when I turn off the profile (aa-disable), Firefox works fully. The same profile in the system NOT LiveCD/USB works fine.

Is it possible to solve the problem?

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

My555 wrote:Debian-based LiveCD/Flash
^ What is this? How did you obtain it? "Debian-based" sounds like you shouldn't be posting here at all...
deadbang

My555

Re: LiveCD/USB and AppArmor not working correctly

#3 Post by My555 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:^ What is this?
This is the original LiveCD image downloaded from the Debian website and recorded on a USB flash drive.

Apparmor does not work correctly. For example, the Apparmor profile for Firefox is working fine on a regular system, but incorrect on a LiveCD. Fonts and profile from Firefox do not load on LiveCD. When I try to save the page, I get an access error. But the rights to write and read in the AppArmor profile are set and everything works correctly on a regular system.