Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

eog precache gallery?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
kerryhall

eog precache gallery?

#1 Post by kerryhall »

Is there any way to get eog to precache the gallery? When I try to scroll, even just 15 pics over, I have to wait approx 5-8 seconds for it precache / generate all the thumbnails.

I would like eog to precache certain image dirs, say overnight, then I can scroll without having to stop and wait. It really does make eog unusable.

Or perhaps is there another image viewing application that doesn't have this issue? Perhaps one that can show an image gallery in two dimensions? And one that lets me specify the thumbnail size?

Turtletronic

Re: eog precache gallery?

#2 Post by Turtletronic »

"XnVniew MP" - it's not in he repos but the creator does a good job providing versions for multiple OS.
I would go so far to say that "XnView MP" is the best multi OS pic viewer / pic library app around as it's vast array of settings leave nothing to be wished for (but can be overwhelming for first users).

kerryhall

Re: eog precache gallery?

#3 Post by kerryhall »

Thank you!! I'm going to check that out. :)