Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Default Theme with cinnamon

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
nociveboy

Default Theme with cinnamon

#1 Post by nociveboy »

I'm creating a distro with some settings, to install for the college staff, because I want to promote Linux as a good option for studies, I installed some tools that we used in the course, and this will make it a lot easier.
however, I would like to leave a theme as a default for this distro, at the moment when creating a new user, the default theme is adwaita, how do I leave another theme as default?

I know that to change is easy, but I would like to leave a default theme of the system, and when creating a new user, he already had this theme, in case I will use the paper theme, thank you!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Default Theme with cinnamon

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

You can leave files in /etc/skel/, they will be copied over to a new user's $HOME.
deadbang

nociveboy

#3 Post by nociveboy »

great, I will test and post the result, thank you very much!

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

Let me know what the configuration files for Cinnamon are, because I've never been able to track down all of them in my own home folder in order to reset Cinnamon to default.
MX Linux packager and developer

nociveboy

#5 Post by nociveboy »

i copied full files of my home at /etc/skel, and when i created a new user, my configuration is copied successfully.
thank you

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

Everything in your home folder? I hope there wasn't any personal information in there!
MX Linux packager and developer