Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

"umount -a" breaks snap cgroup's

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
bester69

"umount -a" breaks snap cgroup's

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
When I apply "umount -a" and next "mount -a", I lose all cgroup mounts, and snap's stop working :o

here, its the difference between before and after applying umount/mount -a.:

mount|grep sys > before
umount -a && mount -a
mount|grep sys > after

kompare after before

snap list
Name Version Rev Tracking Publisher Notes
bitwarden 23 stable bitwarden✓ broken
chromium 1043 candidate/… canonical✓ broken
chromium-ffmpeg 15 stable canonical✓ broken
core 16-2.43.3 8689 stable canonical✓ core
core18 1668 stable canonical✓ broken
drive 22 stable fireeye broken
gnome-3-28-1804 116 stable canonical✓ broken
gtk-common-themes 1440 stable canonical✓ broken
hello-world 29 stable canonical✓ devmode,broken
john-the-ripper 297 stable claudioandre-br broken
kde-frameworks-5-core18 32 stable kde✓ broken
kde-frameworks-5-qt-5-14-core18 3 stable kde✓ broken
okular 90 stable kde✓ broken
opera 67 stable opera-software✓ broken
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: "umount -a" breaks snap cgroup's

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

This behaviour is expected, the two commands act differently:
umount(8) wrote: -a, --all
All of the filesystems described in /proc/self/mountinfo (or in deprecated /etc/mtab) are unmounted, except the proc, devfs, devpts, sysfs, rpc_pipefs and nfsd filesystems.
mount(8) wrote: -a, --all
Mount all filesystems (of the given types) mentioned in fstab (except for those whose line contains the noauto keyword).
Why are you using mount(8) & umount(8) like that? What are you trying to achieve by running those commands?
deadbang

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:This behaviour is expected, the two commands act differently:
umount(8) wrote: -a, --all
All of the filesystems described in /proc/self/mountinfo (or in deprecated /etc/mtab) are unmounted, except the proc, devfs, devpts, sysfs, rpc_pipefs and nfsd filesystems.
mount(8) wrote: -a, --all
Mount all filesystems (of the given types) mentioned in fstab (except for those whose line contains the noauto keyword).
Why are you using mount(8) & umount(8) like that? What are you trying to achieve by running those commands?
I get use to use umount -a to quickly dismount all and mount -a to mount back all.. (didnt know they were differents :shock: )
So how can I get back to mount all cgroups: "Cgroup v1 mount" without having to reboot, is it possible? ..
>> Ive seen these are mounts systemd make in boot

seeking on internet, Ive seen this kind of solution, buut I dont know how to procced.
https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... the-system
For lxc in Debian Wheezy I use in /etc/fstab:

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup cgroup defaults,blkio,net_cls,freezer,devices,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,memory,clone_children 0 0
In /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet cgroup_enable=memory,namespace"
(& don't forget to run update-grub)

Thanks
Last edited by bester69 on 2020-03-19 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

bester69 wrote:I get use to use umount -a to quickly dismount all and mount -a to mount back all
I wrote:Why are you using mount(8) & umount(8) like that? What are you trying to achieve by running those commands?
This sounds like an XY problem to me.
deadbang

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
bester69 wrote:I get use to use umount -a to quickly dismount all and mount -a to mount back all
I wrote:Why are you using mount(8) & umount(8) like that? What are you trying to achieve by running those commands?
This sounds like an XY problem to me.
Yep!, that looks like an Organic Portal answer to me (its not the first time)..

Its just very curious because non OP have the ability to feel energy's people from other side of the screens since minit two of conversation.. for example, pylkko since the beggining felt very nice and friendly, Steve've always felt very kind and polite..