Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

CUPS server internal error

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
jam7755

CUPS server internal error

#1 Post by jam7755 »

I had to reinstall Debian on my machine a while back and after that install I have not been able to set up my printer. It is an HP OfficeJet 4650 and it was working before the reinstall. When I try to configure it through the print setting utility I get as far as where the printer name , description, and location are entered and get the internal server error message. I have tried to use the web interface after adding a user to the lpadmin group but it won't allow me to log in.
I know this is just probably a matter of missing something small but I can't figure out what that is. Any help is appreciated.

pylkko

Re: CUPS server internal error

#2 Post by pylkko »

wrong address or firewall?

jam7755

Re: CUPS server internal error

#3 Post by jam7755 »

Forgive me but I am a newbie and my knowledge to find this out is scant. Can you point me in the direction on how to investigate this?