Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How do I make my live-cd.iso from squashfs

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
cooleo

How do I make my live-cd.iso from squashfs

#1 Post by cooleo »

I am trying to make my own customed live-cd.iso from my debian pc.

After I make a squashfs file from my debian pc,
How do I add bootloader and make it a runnerable iso?

My final-goal is to make a bootable-usb stick.

cuckooflew

Re: How do I make my live-cd.iso from squashfs

#2 Post by cuckooflew »

Have you even tried reading some manuals, documentation, etc.. all available with a simple search, ? How do I make my live-cd.iso from squashfs

Don't be a help vampire:
My final-goal is to make a bootable-usb stick
How to make a live bootable usb stick for Debian

There are several topics on this, right here on this forum as well look for them.
Last edited by cuckooflew on 2020-04-08 04:59, edited 2 times in total.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

Head_on_a_Stick

#3 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

cooleo wrote:I am trying to make my own customed live-cd.iso from my debian pc
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/
cuckooflew wrote:Don't be a help vampire
+1
deadbang

cooleo

#4 Post by cooleo »

cuckooflew wrote:
Don't be a help vampire

Thanks for remaind me,
I will try to feedback to the forum by answering some questions.

cooleo

#5 Post by cooleo »

BTW,

Redirect to other web-page is not an answer for the question. (so whats the point of a forum?)
and,
you really dont need to answer if you dont know or you dont want to tell.

cuckooflew

#6 Post by cuckooflew »

The link Head_On_A_stick gave is a good answer, but you did not bother to look at it, much less read it,...it does go into detail telling you exactly how to do what you are asking, Do you expect us to copy paste the entire tutorial and page ?
Here is part:
from https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live ... n.html#169
4.3 First steps: building an ISO hybrid image

Regardless of the image type, you will need to perform the same basic steps to build an image each time. As a first example, create a build directory, change to that directory and then execute the following sequence of live-build commands to create a basic ISO hybrid image containing a default live system without X.org. It is suitable for burning to CD or DVD media, and also to copy onto a USB stick.

The name of the working directory is absolutely up to you, but if you take a look at the examples used throughout live-manual, it is a good idea to use a name that helps you identify the image you are working with in each directory, especially if you are working or experimenting with different image types. In this case you are going to build a default system so let's call it, for example, live-default.

$ mkdir live-default && cd live-default

Then, run the lb config command. This will create a "config/" hierarchy in the current directory for use by other commands:

$ lb config

No parameters are passed to these commands, so defaults for all of their various options will be used. See The lb config command for more details.

Now that the "config/" hierarchy exists, build the image with the lb build command:

# lb build

This process can take a while, depending on the speed of your computer and your network connection. When it is complete, there should be a live-image-i386.hybrid.iso image file, ready to use, in the current directory.

Note: If you are building on an amd64 system the name of the resulting image will be live-image-amd64.hybrid.iso. Keep in mind this naming convention throughout the manual.

Reading the page, and following the instructions is better, it includes the code in code boxes, so that you can just copy / paste it into your terminal, , further down, it tells you how to:
Mr Culo >My final-goal is to make a bootable-usb stick.
===========================================
From: https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live ... n.html#169
4.4.2 Copying an ISO hybrid image to a USB stick

ISO images prepared with xorriso, can be simply copied to a USB stick with the cp program or an equivalent. Plug in a USB stick with a size large enough for your image file and determine which device it is, which we hereafter refer to as ${USBSTICK}. This is the device file of your key, such as /dev/sdb, not a partition, such as /dev/sdb1! You can find the right device name by looking in dmesg's output after plugging in the stick, or better yet, ls -l /dev/disk/by-id.

Once you are certain you have the correct device name, use the cp command to copy the image to the stick. This will definitely overwrite any previous contents on your stick!

Code: Select all

$ cp live-image-i386.hybrid.iso ${USBSTICK}
$ sync
Note: The sync command is useful to ensure that all the data, which is stored in memory by the kernel while copying the image, is written to the USB stick.
Maybe you should be saying "Thank you for the redirect", instead,...Mr.Culo , like wise the results in the search string I gave you have many links, all of which go into great detail on how to do this,
Coolu>>you really dont need to answer if you dont know or you dont want to tell.
I do know, and I do want to tell, but it is a lot to write, and why should I write it all again, and again , and again, me and many others have taken our time, and worked very hard at writing these instructions, manuals, etc,.. and some of us even bear the expense of keeping the on-line , servers are not cheap, not counting the time and work in maintaining them,...
Then these help vampires show up, and instead of making any effort, they expect us, or someone, to hold their hand, and write the instructions one more time just for them... sorry, but I don't have time for that, then the vampires get all upset when we get tired, and no longer have the energy to write all the details over again, but we do take the time to give the a re-direct to a page where it has all been noted and written... and share results /links that we used to get the answers when we first started learning about this,... bye and have a good night
=================================
from: https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live ... n.html#1984.4.4 Booting the live medium

The first time you boot your live medium, whether CD, DVD, USB key, or PXE boot, some setup in your computer's BIOS may be needed first. Since BIOSes vary greatly in features and key bindings, we cannot get into the topic in depth here. Some BIOSes provide a key to bring up a menu of boot devices at boot time, which is the easiest way if it is available on your system. Otherwise, you need to enter the BIOS configuration menu and change the boot order to place the boot device for the live system before your normal boot device.

Once you've booted the medium, you are presented with a boot menu. If you just press enter here, the system will boot using the default entry, Live and default options. For more information about boot options, see the "help" entry in the menu and also the live-boot and live-config man pages found within the live system.

Assuming you've selected Live and booted a default desktop live image, after the boot messages scroll by, you should be automatically logged into the user account and see a desktop, ready to use. If you have booted a console-only image, you should be automatically logged in on the console to the user account and see a shell prompt, ready to use.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!