Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
rik

Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

#1 Post by rik »

Hi guys,
I've migrated from Mint 18 to Debian 10 Mate, and the only problem I've got is that Netbeans now asks me for a master password every time. From the Netbeans doc I understand it's because the keyring doesn't work or is incompatible.
They gnome-keyring seems OK to me:

Code: Select all

gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.keyring --object-path /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login --method org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection Locked

returns:
(<false>,)

Code: Select all

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.gnome.keyring /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection string:Locked

returns:
method return time=1586539994.076230 sender=:1.13 -> destination=:1.222 serial=6 reply_serial=2
   variant       boolean false
So, I've tested Buster with Mate, XFCE, Gnome classic, Gnome xorg, Gnome. Same problem.

Then I've taken another road: I've tested the same exact Netbeans+config on a VM Xubuntu 16 and it was working just like Mint 18 (both based on Debian 9). I've upgraded Xubuntu 16 to 18 to be on the same Buster base: Netbeans keeps working.
So I've compared in Synaptics those services with the word "Keyring" + Gnome in Xubuntu 18 that are not installed in Buster.

XUBUNTU 18.04
gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0
gnome-keyring
libgnome-keyring-common
libgnome-keyring0
libp11-kit-gnome-keyring
libpam-gnome-keyring

BUSTER
gnome-keyring
gnome-keyring-pkcs11
libpam-gnome-keyring

The missing gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0 ("Gnome keyring services library - introspection data") sounds like a possible culprit. Maybe also the missing libgnome-keyring-common and libgnome-keyring0
I can't find any of those libs in the Buster repo.

Any idea will be appreciated.

rik

Re: Keyring no more compatible with Netbeans

#3 Post by rik »

That bug was opened by me. :)
In the meantime I've found the main problem: the library libgnome-keyring.so is missing. Without that, Netbean doesn't use the gnome keyring.
How do I install such lib? I can find it in previous Debian releases but not in Buster.

rik

#4 Post by rik »

I see such package has been deprecated... and many other software have the same problem:
e.g.
https://github.com/IsmaelMartinez/teams ... issues/208
https://github.com/notable/notable/issues/725
etc.
So I suppose the only way is asking Apache Netbeans to use libsecret...

Head_on_a_Stick

#5 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

rik

#6 Post by rik »

OK, thanks. I've reported that to Netbeans.
Hope they will fix the problem... and not only that... I've noticed it has been completely removed from the Debian repo
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/netbeans