Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Guayadeque Music Player for Buster

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
kedaha

Guayadeque Music Player for Buster

#1 Post by kedaha »

If anyone's interested, I thought I'd share this; the Guayadeque Music Player, which some users may remember, has been absent from the main repository since Debian 8, jessie.
I was curious to try it but since it is no longer maintained then the only option was to build it from source for buster as detailed at guayadeque/wiki/installing#InstallGIT. However, I did not use make install but, for the time being, installed it with with checkinstall, which keeps track of all the files created by the "make install" script and builds a standard binary amd64.deb package.
To build it, a couple of packages are needed from oldstable, namely: libindicate-dev: 0.6.92-4 and libindicate5: 0.6.92-4. It might need other things, depending on your system.

I can confirm it works fine in buster. Since this is a build from an upstream source, and not a tried and tested Debian package, as a precaution, I run it in the sandbox program, firejail.

Thanks for reading & any replies.
DebianStable

Code: Select all

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Guayadeque Music Player for Buster

#2 Post by sunrat »

Guayadeque was pretty nice IIRC but there are so many media players I can't be bothered with any that don't have a Buster repo. Currently mainly use DeadBeef or Strawberry from stevepusser's Buster OBS repo, or Audacious or MPV from main.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

I was curious to try it but since it is no longer maintained then the only option was to build it from source for buster
Your Google-Fu is weak! :D Try "repology Guayadeque".

http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/g/guayadeque/

Just updated it in my OBS repo too: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... /guaydeque

Speaking of Strawberry, I see it has a pretty big 0.6.10 update. I'll work on that tonight or tomorrow.
MX Linux packager and developer

kedaha

#4 Post by kedaha »

stevepusser wrote:Your Google-Fu is weak! :D
It has never been my strong point. :wink:
stevepusser wrote:Try "repology Guayadeque".
Thanks.
stevepusser wrote:Just updated it in my OBS repo too: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... /guaydeque
By the way, I notice what looks like a minor blemish when launching it from a terminal:

$ guayadeque
12:16:23: Initialized locale ( en_GB )
12:16:23: MediaViewer 'My Music' => '5EB440E5'
12:16:23: Library Db Version 21
12:16:23: SetViewMode -1 => 0

(guayadeque:11617): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:16:23.682: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'height >= -1' failed

(guayadeque:11617): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:16:23.682: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'height >= -1' failed
12:16:23: guLibPanel::IniPanelData( 13101 )
12:16:23: guLibPanel::DoTextSearch( '' )

(guayadeque:11617): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 12:16:23.685: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'height >= -1' failed
DebianStable

$ vrms

No non-free or contrib packages installed on debian!  rms would be proud.

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

I listen music sources from Youtube and SoundCloud mainly..., and play them with mpd (cantata player).

1 I download 300 sounds in a playlist with mps-youtube.. like that.:
1.1/train sound -d long (search relaxing train sounds long tracks)
1.2 dump (download all pages to cache disk)
1.3 add 1-300 MyTrainSounds (create a playlist with 300 tracks)

2 Then I use a script that randomly grab one song among that large playlist and injected it in MPD (cantata) with $(youtube-dl -f -best -g), then I categorize in mpd playlists those songs i more like it... and then , I have a script that regenerate (expire time) long youtube format within mpd playlists, so I can play them back, another day.

To bind/refresh long youtube uri, I had to use the trick of passing the youtubeID as one of metadata columns... like that.:
https://r2---sn-h5q7kne6.googlevideo.co ... {"[b]title[/b]":"Orient Express _ Amazing Train and Rain Ambiance Sounds (moodtv)-NfDRfjV-MAI.mp4","youID":"NfDRfjV-MAI"}

**You could also use QMPlay2, it supports to keep youtube playlists

For Soundcloud, I use Auryo application to grab the songs and injected in MPD (cantata).., for the injection track, I use $(playerctl --player=auryo metadata), so I can pick the soundcloy track, and created for MPD...
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

**You could also use QMPlay2, it supports to keep youtube playlists
The QMPlay2 developer only provides amd64 debs or AppImages, so here's my repo with native builds for that, i386, and ARM. https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... y2/qmplay2
MX Linux packager and developer