Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Grub isn't loading on dual boot

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
erfan

Grub isn't loading on dual boot

#1 Post by erfan »

I have a bad problem. I have two storage devices installed on my laptop!(SSD & Hard Drive). I have installed Windows 10 lately on SSD, but now I want to install Kali Linux on my HDD. I installed it successfully(On Hard Drive). first time, I installed kali boot loader on Hard Drive, It doesn't load(I uninstalled kali completely), but second time I installed Grub boot loader on SSD(where is my windows 10 & windows boot loader installed.) It's working, but there is an other problem. The problem is when I boot my device on SSD Grub boot loader doesn't working well, and it shows an error: No such device found, but when I boot on Hard Drive it's working well.(I need to change the boot device with key F12 each time.) becuase of this problem I changed my boot order from diskette to hard drive, but it doesn't have effects(I need to change boot order with key F12 every single time.)

what should I do?
:?:
My system uses BIOS boot

cuckooflew

Re: Grub isn't loading on dual boot

#2 Post by cuckooflew »

ASk the Kali forum, this is Debian User Forums
I don't know much about Kali, I think it is not intended to be installed to a HD, it is intended as USB device/system,...Also people that do not know how to trouble shoot , (EG: do some searches, etc.), Kali is not intended for incompetent use.
https://www.kali.org/docs/introduction/ ... ali-linux/
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

In addition, misuse of security and penetration testing tools within a network, particularly without specific authorization, may cause irreparable damage and result in significant consequences, personal and/or legal. “Not understanding what you were doing” is not going to work as an excuse.

However, if you’re a professional penetration tester or are studying penetration testing with a goal of becoming a certified professional, there’s no better toolkit — at any price — than Kali Linux.
With that said, it seems like "off topic" board would have been more appropriate.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!