Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Intel NUC10i3 Graphics not working

Need help with peripherals or devices?
vttom

Intel NUC10i3 Graphics not working

#1 Post by vttom »

I just got my hands on an Intel NUC10i3 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... i3fnk.html). Installed the latest Debian stable release. I knew going-in that the on-board Ethernet adapter would not work out-of-the box, but was able to download and build the driver package from Intel and that's now working great.

However, I was surprised to find that the graphics adapter is not working with X. Funnily enough, grub has no trouble showing the boot selection screen at full 2560x1440 resolution. But when X starts up via gdm3, it's in a super low-resolution mode (like 640x480 VGA). When I log in and go into display settings I get see "Unrecognized display" and there is no way to bump the resolution.

I tried uninstalling the video-intel package, and now I get no GUI at all. I had to switch the console login mode.

Is there some info from any of my log files that would be helpful in debugging?

I am not afraid to run make install to build a new video driver if I have to. But it sounds like the video-intel driver is deprecated, and Xorg's "modesetting" fall-back should work.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Intel NUC10i3 Graphics not working

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

10th generation Intel is not supported by Debian buster's stock kernel. I'm not sure if the buster-backports kernel would work but there is a [FAQ] guide in the HowTo section.
deadbang

vttom

#3 Post by vttom »

Yeah. It occurred to me I really ought to try out the testing release (bullseye). So did the upgrade and now everything is working just peachy.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Testing is a development branch and so is likely to break repeatedly. Good luck.
deadbang

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

Intel 10th gen is supported by the backports kernel and firmware, but I have forgotten if it needs a newer Mesa.
MX Linux packager and developer