Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

why cant we use Libreoffice as IDE developer?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
bester69

why cant we use Libreoffice as IDE developer?

#1 Post by bester69 »

I would like to be able to make use of "Libreoffice Track Changes" and use it as an txt editor for developing... but libreoffice doesnt bringht any mode developer so you cant auto parse/beautifier code.. Its such a pitty :(

here, you can see I made use of libreoffice code colorizer addon, but its not dynamic and doesnt parse code neither.
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/exte ... tter/4-1.1

Do you know of any IDE editor or editor plus extension with an easy to use "Code Tacker changes"? :?:
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

pylkko

Re: why cant we use Libreoffice as IDE developer?

#2 Post by pylkko »

gedit? straight out of the box if git is in the directory...? or atom?

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:gedit? straight out of the box if git is in the directory...? or atom?
That would be subversion addons, right¿?
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

pylkko

#4 Post by pylkko »

What Microsoft word calls "tack changes", is essentially what coders call "version control" and what is called "history" in wiki-based document authoring. The idea is that you have a history of the change of the document and you can therefore see who did what change when and accept or reject, or revert (bring back) deletes. There are minor differences in the ways that they are done, for example, in Word "track changes", if some one removes one letter from within a word in a sentence, you see that one letter stricken over, whereas in git, the edits go on a line-per-line basis, so that changing even character in the line, creates the entire line anew. This is why, perhaps git is used more for coding than document writing, although I know that some scientists use git to write books, I know a historian that does this. Git also allows you to keep multiple versions of your code, which is something that most codes need. They have a working version and they want to "test" new adjustemetns, but these adjustements might break the entire code and turn out to be useless. So you can have a development versions which is the working version with adjustemtns. You can test the version without and compare to the version with. When you are ready with the adjustments you "commit" them and make it the working version. It allows you to entre a short message for why ou made the changes, unlike "track changes", so that when you look at your script in a year and wonder "what the hell?" you might have left a message explaining the change. In btrfs terminology you make a "snapshot" of the working version so you can always "go back". Actuallly git shares many properties with btrfs, like comparing file contents with "diff". But as always, since track changes and git are forms of copy-on-write you may want to disable this from btrfs for that folder.

In most code editors you can integrate git. There are many differente ways the visualize this, but most use a column that goes on the left side of the text. If line you are editing is new, it is marked one color, if it is old another and deletes can be seen in red etc.

To get something similar that you have in your image, in gedit you can go to prefs and allow git plugin, then also at the same time make sure syntax highlighting is on and if you want you can add bash or python console to the lower bar. In atom it is a core package, so I believe should be always already installed, a panel can be opened where you can see changes and compare side-by-side new and old versions in two tabs and kinds of fancier stuff.

Both of these editors also have packages that can auto-indent python, auto-check syntax of various languages and do other aesthetic edits automatically.

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:What Microsoft word calls "tack changes", is essentially what coders call "version control" and what is called "history" in wiki-based document authoring. The idea is that you have a history of the change of the document and you can therefore see who did what change when and accept or reject, or revert (bring back) deletes. There are minor differences in the ways that they are done, for example, in Word "track changes", if some one removes one letter from within a word in a sentence, you see that one letter stricken over, whereas in git, the edits go on a line-per-line basis, so that changing even character in the line, creates the entire line anew. This is why, perhaps git is used more for coding than document writing, although I know that some scientists use git to write books, I know a historian that does this. Git also allows you to keep multiple versions of your code, which is something that most codes need. They have a working version and they want to "test" new adjustemetns, but these adjustements might break the entire code and turn out to be useless. So you can have a development versions which is the working version with adjustemtns. You can test the version without and compare to the version with. When you are ready with the adjustments you "commit" them and make it the working version. It allows you to entre a short message for why ou made the changes, unlike "track changes", so that when you look at your script in a year and wonder "what the hell?" you might have left a message explaining the change. In btrfs terminology you make a "snapshot" of the working version so you can always "go back". Actuallly git shares many properties with btrfs, like comparing file contents with "diff". But as always, since track changes and git are forms of copy-on-write you may want to disable this from btrfs for that folder.

In most code editors you can integrate git. There are many differente ways the visualize this, but most use a column that goes on the left side of the text. If line you are editing is new, it is marked one color, if it is old another and deletes can be seen in red etc.

To get something similar that you have in your image, in gedit you can go to prefs and allow git plugin, then also at the same time make sure syntax highlighting is on and if you want you can add bash or python console to the lower bar. In atom it is a core package, so I believe should be always already installed, a panel can be opened where you can see changes and compare side-by-side new and old versions in two tabs and kinds of fancier stuff.

Both of these editors also have packages that can auto-indent python, auto-check syntax of various languages and do other aesthetic edits automatically.
Hi,
As always, thanks a lot pylkko, :o
You make things looks friendly and easy... I didnt know about git, but im very interesting now you told me... I guess its some similar concept to subversion or Microsoft Source safe.. I liked a lot, this last one.. I see git seems to be standard gnu "source safe code".., Im going to check git first with gedit and then with kate if its possible, I always use kate..

Thanks again, friend :)

bester69

#6 Post by bester69 »

Hi, again

I tried git and I love it.. I found it very easy to use and very practical >> Qgit GUI great!!!
(lovely even with their patches)

I wonder,
is there any linux editor that shows the changes in the same way that office/libreofficer "tracker changes" by using any git plugin?? :?: , that would be amazing..

Thanks a lot :o

pylkko

#7 Post by pylkko »

I don't know of such a thing, but considering how many million plugins there are in this world, I would not be surprised if somebody had made one!

bester69

#8 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:I don't know of such a thing, but considering how many million plugins there are in this world, I would not be surprised if somebody had made one!
Ok,

Thanks a lot , pylkko :o

pylkko

#9 Post by pylkko »

By the way, if you really like using git, you can also use an online account from GitLab in addition to making a local directory a repo. Then you an browse your files through the web UI (and then you don't need any kind of text editor plugins at all if you don't want)

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:By the way, if you really like using git, you can also use an online account from GitLab in addition to making a local directory a repo. Then you an browse your files through the web UI (and then you don't need any kind of text editor plugins at all if you don't want)
hi,
good to know it.. I will use kate , qgit and meld (it supports git)...

git checkout gives me the last state stagging "protection" (git add), Do you know If, I can get somehow an intermediate stagging protection, so I can compare with it code?..

cos It seems meld can find in cache stagging intermediate sheets
1. If i open meld throught qgit; it diff compares last develop against versioned sheet (compare only against versioned/comitted)

2- If i open direclty meld (git's feature); it diffs compare against a cached source file, that seems to be stagging one sheet..(I would have to investigate this; here meld, seems to find intermediate saves)
Last edited by bester69 on 2020-05-12 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

bester69

#11 Post by bester69 »

I think you should be able to compare with at least, last protection (git add), and versioned state (git commit), perhaps meld git feature is using last protection state, to compare with..cos source filename used was like a cached ones.

pylkko

#12 Post by pylkko »

You can see the diff of a cached or staged file

Code: Select all

$ git diff --cached
$ git diff --staged
But how they show up in whatever client you are using I have no idea since I never have used it.

bester69

#13 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:You can see the diff of a cached or staged file

Code: Select all

$ git diff --cached
$ git diff --staged
But how they show up in whatever client you are using I have no idea since I never have used it.
Ok, Its kind of difficult... thanks pylkkio

pylkko

#14 Post by pylkko »

The most convenient is to just commit all edits, so that you have a real history. If you need alternative versions, then use branches. But I would think that for a one-dev project for your own use, you wont need this most of the time.

bester69

#15 Post by bester69 »

pylkko wrote:The most convenient is to just commit all edits, so that you have a real history. If you need alternative versions, then use branches. But I would think that for a one-dev project for your own use, you wont need this most ofy the time.
ok, Thanks mate. :o