Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Teodoro777

Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

#1 Post by Teodoro777 »

I installed Debian 10 xfce on my computer, and immediately I noticed that if I connected my Android phone nothing appeared in thunar, while gnome notified me that I had inserted a device. so I was unable to open the files in the internal memory of my phone. looking on the internet, I solved it by installing the gvfs-backends package. Now I wonder, shouldn't this package be installed by default? I repeat, in other de that I have tried, there was no need to search and install any other package, that the memory was read correctly.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

The gvfs-backends package is only listed as a suggests for the gvfs package so that's why it wasn't included.

No point whining about that here though, no Debian developers visit here (AFAIK). If you want the situation to change then either file a bug report or bring it up on the mailing lists.
deadbang

Teodoro777

Re: Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

#3 Post by Teodoro777 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:The gvfs-backends package is only listed as a suggests for the gvfs package so that's why it wasn't included.

No point whining about that here though, no Debian developers visit here (AFAIK). If you want the situation to change then either file a bug report or bring it up on the mailing lists.
Okk I understand.. thanks for your reply